Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean, there's effectively four options for the Raiders at QB, since I seriously doubt they're going to just roll with O'Connell for another year.

1. Trade a bunch of picks to move up to 3 or 4 to take whichever QB Chicago and Washington don't take with the first two picks. Probably not a good idea with all the roster needs the Raiders have.
2. Take a second-tier prospect like Penix or McCarthy or whoever at 13, or ideally a little later if they can swing a trade back.
3. Trade for Fields. Seems less likely now that they've hired Getsy but who knows, maybe they really loved what the 7-10 Bears did on offense last year and have to run that back.
4. Sign another veteran on the FA market. Cousins is obviously the best of the bunch but he's coming off major surgery and old and do you really want to break the bank for a guy who's probably not going to help your long-term competitiveness anyway? Assuming Baker doesn't leave Tampa, that leaves your next best options as Tannehill (also old, and much worse) and... Jacoby Brissett, I guess?

To me, trading back and trying to get some more picks to shore up the roster and then taking a chance on a guy like Penix is probably their best available option, but none of them are really choices you feel great about.

They could trade for Geno for cheaper than fields and probably equal outcomes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

mcmagic posted:

The Seahawks are gonna just trade Geno for mid return without a clear path to replace him?

Drew lock is satisfactory for likely wayy cheaper and the seahawks are cap strapped. During a rebuilding year I'd take Drew lock at like 4-6mil and clear double digit cap space than geno at 30 mil and not that extra cap space

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nobody knows when the hawks will be sold. There was some 2025 date that mattered because of taxes or financial reasons which is why people thought Carroll wouldn't be fired bc his contract ran to that time frame. Seahawks ownership has literally said NOTHING about anything other than the thank you for your service letter to Pete Carroll. It's impossible to know what they are thinking long term but I agree with everyone's assessment that it appears that winning matters to them and that is cool and good

Also no prospective buyer is going to be turned off by a bad on the field team. Billionaires are not going to not buy a team because it was bad on the field the year before they bought it. The commanders haven't been good in forever and how much did they sell for?

I know I'm in the minority but I still don't see a HUGE drop from geno to lock. But I do see HUGE holes in the defensive line and at linebacker and no cap space.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

Maybe they could sign Russ for vet minimum

👀

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Pats taking JJ Mccarthy confirmed.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Thaddius the Large posted:

In the abstract maybe but 1 year 10 million for a bridge QB versus 4 years 180 million for an old and mediocre to decent aged QB coming off a major injury, I’m quite okay with this trade off. Let ‘em draft someone with potential and move the franchise on, I don’t begrudge Cousins but would be very upset if the Vikings had given him that deal

Yeah this makes sense if you're planning on drafting a 1st round qb. Easy jump to the cardinals pick probably to get your guy and have darnold as competition or low quality starter while whomever sits for a year

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Forrest on Fire posted:

Yeah no letting Arizona draft an elite WR 4th, they have to get more future compensation. Lol.

They're taking Marv and it'll take a lot of future firsts to get them to not take Marv

Don't think that one of odunze, nabors, or bowers would be there at 11? Rumor mills making it look like 5 qbs go in the top 10

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Is the Pickett draft the worst qb draft ever?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Silly Burrito posted:

Some rules:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39812700/nfl-owners-approve-massive-revamp-kickoff-play

During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard line. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.

Touchbacks at the 30 is good incentive to drop it in the zone.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’m somewhat skeptical that this turns kickoffs into an actual play.

The receiving team is required to have most of their blockers on the 35 yard line.

The new touchback distance is the 30 yard line.

Unless the kicking team has a very good kicker (and a better special team, generally), it seems like booting it through the end zone would be the safest play.

Whatchu think? We still mainly gonna see touchbacks?

I don't. Giving the opponent the ball at the 30 is a big deal!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

a neat cape posted:

I apologize in advance for posting every bit of jim harbaugh that amuses me. It'll probably get annoying and I'm annoying anyway

Bolt up

It's the offseason
It's the time to be hyped and post dumb poo poo

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

SKULL.GIF posted:

NFL teams are way too conservative with their designs.

Which is why the hawks current uniforms own. The only replacement I'd take ere the sick rear end throwbacks they unveiled this year.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Outside the top 4 QBs the Broncos could try to get:

Penix (not a terrible fit)
Bo Nix (similarly not awful)

Spencer Rattler (a deeply confusing player who loves throwing needless picks)
Michael Pratt (could be interesting, former Tulane guy)

Joe Milton (dude's maxxed out arm strength and has the lowest possible game awareness, all arm no brain)

I don't hate Penix, Nix, or Pratt for them. I feel like Peyton could especially do good things with Penix
Penix isn't making it out of the first. I think they trade back and try to draft him and wilson is just a hedge to have something if he gets drafted.by the vikings or some thing

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Mega64 posted:

But Gabbert has more rings

Whoa there motherfucker

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Android Apocalypse posted:

Tepper is a whiny piss as baby.

Spanos doesn't give a poo poo about his fan base & would even be the bottom to Kronos (who is also a bastard for moving the team from St. Louis).

Snyder was not above human trafficking.

Yeah at least tepper cares but he is a whiney piss baby. Its fun as not a fan of the panthers to see a billionaire have to deal with open contempt from people who dont care about his money/status. Doesn't compare to the trafficking Snyder and rupmaps kraft, or the circle the wagon for Andy's son chiefs owner in terriblness. (Yet/as far as I know)

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

kiimo posted:

CJ Stroud is my favorite player not on my team.

I love how he refuses to stand down. The clip of them taking the best players and arguing who would win was absolutely INCREDIBLE.

He knows his poo poo, and refuses to let someone who is just trying to talk over him with an incorrect opinion get off the hook. I love him.

edit: here

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1783330758339502428

*TO lip quiver* Wish that were my qb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I think the release videos are fun. Not excited or waiting for the release. More like whenever I run across the videos it'll be a fun little diversion for 2 mins