Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

So what I’m hearing is that the 49ers should convince a now-single Brady to come out of retirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Maybe if the Bears draft Caleb Williams and Poles continues to be decent at drafting, they can take on this challenge.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

In the postseason!

Well the prior year the Lions barely missed the playoffs, this year they made it to the NFCCG, so next year must mean a Super Bowl win.

Then we can add Andy Reid/Mahomes to the gif where dan Campbell comes blasting through a door, blowing opponents away.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Lmao

So how soon until all the other fans say “gently caress the Chiefs” like everyone currently says “gently caress the Cowboys”?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

And they have to either pay Chris Jones or replace the best player on their defense.

Which means it’s still either the same very young defense, 1-year older AND with Chris Jones, or a slightly less capable defense if Chris Jones leaves but still plenty of talent and room to grow.

They’ve won 3 in 5 years, which puts them in Cowboys and Patriots territory in terms of success, lol.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

I think this is a really rosy picture of how KC would look without Chris Jones. I don't think they'll pay him, he's a lot harder to replace than you're giving him credit for, and maybe any team in the AFC will get their poo poo together in the playoffs.

I don’t really disagree, but the same was said by some after the Patriots traded Chandler Jones to the Cardinals, and the Patriots just kinda kept chugging along…

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

My guy Chris Jones and Chandler Jones don't play the same position or hold the same relevance to the defenses they played for.

My man, no poo poo, I know they don’t play the same position, but if you don’t think that Chandler Jones also had significant play disruption impact that the Patriots immediately missed to some extent, then I don’t know what to tell you besides “watch the tape”.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Because capitalism. The players are playing for them and paying for the childcare, arent they? So why not make them pay if they are willingly doing so?

Plus there’s no better way to teach those young whipper snappers how to pull themselves up by their cleatstrings.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I would expect every player would always prefer actual turf over artificial grass. I have nice artificial grass in my backyard, but I’d never want to play a competitive sport on it.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Clark Hunt is vanilla ice cream that came to life.

Why you gotta disparage vanilla ice cream like this?

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Adun posted:

I mean Aaron Hernandez literally murdered a man when he was on the patriots

Yeah, that's still insane to me all these years later.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

if you’re willing to stand and smile for a picture with that shithead then you are already awful, hth

Eh, he’s said enough publicly that is good that I’d give Burrow the benefit of the doubt.

At first glance I just assumed he was talking to or sitting with Bosa or something and ended up in the picture that way. I’ve certainly ended up in pictures I didn’t really want to be in solely because it felt awkward to just move out of it.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

I too also love Jermaine Gresham, but that story happened several years ago (guessing you’re just reminding us though of how awesome Gresham is).

He was too good for the Cardinals (just in terms of being a good person).

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

After the “These are our women” photo they posted, I’m thinking that the Browns are intentionally Hoovering up as many sexual assaulters as they can.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

kiimo posted:

Man the Chiefs are going to sign Hollywood Brown, aren't they

I could not be less excited

If/with the Cardinals keeping Murray, I'm surprised they're not pushing to re-sign Brown since he's a friend of Murray's.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

lmao, :drat:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Q'Aaron will never be out of Favre's shadow, since at least Favre actually played for the Jets.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

dc has better receivers and a better line than chicago, i'd be pushing for there too

What is this nonsense.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

It’s impossible to dislike Andy Reid.

But his son Britt can loving rot in hell.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

There were Twitter rumors the Jags were trying to trade for Aiyuk.

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1769859576503890114?s=46

Ryan Poles, you know what to do.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

The bad thing is that you have to call them, you can’t just cancel online. But eventually they will let you.

I think this is the same for DISH, or at least it used to be. I think I spent 45 - 60 minutes with a CS just to cancel our service, with them constantly trying to retain me by throwing out offer after hour.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Pron on VHS posted:

retired at halftime once again

Goddam

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Chiefs posters doing everything possible to defend/justify actions by Chiefs players? I'm shocked. Shocked!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

....did I miss something? Am I in a new timeline?

https://www.amazon.com/Indianapolis...g%2C116&sr=1-15

I kinda want to buy that just so I can try and sell it for $1 more than I paid some time down the road.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Midnightghoul posted:

I mean thats better than what the Chiefs had at the start of the year

Sure, but Josh Allen is not Mahomes

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

mcmagic posted:

APH pulling out the same joke from every single group chat in the world

who cares, it's a good one

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Kalli posted:

All I know is heaven's football is so much better to watch. No refs and every single play is a jacked up highlight reel hit

What? Heaven is filled with cheaters. They even have a dude playing that cheated death.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Docjowles posted:

Jesus Christ that trade STILL isn’t over, there’s a 2025 second left? :lol:

That trade helped convinced me that Ryan Poles is a good GM

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Yeah, and they could have taken Odunze at 8, which helps Kirk immediately and the team overall regardless in the coming years once they do work toward a replacement QB after Kirk.

Instead, they've committed $100M guaranteed to Kirk, the tampering charges impact that you mentioned, and since I believe the first two years are guaranteed, they're basically burning one of the benefits of rookie QBs, in that the first 4-5 years are cap and roster-friendly, which in this case is basically being dedicated to Kirk.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So what is the best shape? I'm thinking hexagon.

Ouroboros

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

BlindSite posted:

Cooper dejean was like the 3rd highest scoring basketball player in highschool in iowa records or something and during the draft someone asked him if he could beat Caitlin Clark in basketball and because he's one of the elite athletes on earth and played basketball in highschool he said yes

So people are being super weird about the obvious because online people need get upset about something.

I don't think people actually care all that much, and it really seems like DeJean is the one that's been continuing it all in interviews.

Not everything has to be interpreted as people being mad about stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Chiefs fans... laffo