Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Cavauro posted:

all the jets uniforms using the same colors look the same to me. goon uniform blindness

Remember when the Bills and Jets played an early color rush game wearing Red and Green uniforms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Grozz Nuy posted:

I mean, there's effectively four options for the Raiders at QB, since I seriously doubt they're going to just roll with O'Connell for another year.

1. Trade a bunch of picks to move up to 3 or 4 to take whichever QB Chicago and Washington don't take with the first two picks. Probably not a good idea with all the roster needs the Raiders have.
2. Take a second-tier prospect like Penix or McCarthy or whoever at 13, or ideally a little later if they can swing a trade back.
3. Trade for Fields. Seems less likely now that they've hired Getsy but who knows, maybe they really loved what the 7-10 Bears did on offense last year and have to run that back.
4. Sign another veteran on the FA market. Cousins is obviously the best of the bunch but he's coming off major surgery and old and do you really want to break the bank for a guy who's probably not going to help your long-term competitiveness anyway? Assuming Baker doesn't leave Tampa, that leaves your next best options as Tannehill (also old, and much worse) and... Jacoby Brissett, I guess?

To me, trading back and trying to get some more picks to shore up the roster and then taking a chance on a guy like Penix is probably their best available option, but none of them are really choices you feel great about.

Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe are probably available.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

It looks like the camel has a mask giving it fangs.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

McVay did have an assistant to keep him on the sideline, but I think he turned out to be some flavor of sex pest and got fired.

It was mentioned earlier I believe, but Ted Rath is your man. Some combination of alcohol + medication + a stroke was his excuse as to why he wasn't liable. And the courts agreed! He got off! He was fired from the Rams, but he is now on the Eagles staff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Rath

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

That whole article is a goldmine. Crazy that was only twenty years ago. I'm assuming it's better these days?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

Aaron Rodgers abandoning the Jets to run for Vice President would be god drat funny

I thought we already had our crossover Politics to NFL episode when Condoleezza Rice was rumored to be a possible Browns' GM.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

If we’re going to start arguing the subtleties of colors, keep in mind that like 8-10% of men are colorblind, and many of them don’t know it

My dad thought I was getting all of the colors wrong during my first eye exam. It turns out he's the color blind one,

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

Oh good the Chiefs now have to literally find a WR

Can I interest you in a Tyquan Thornton, Keyshon Boutte, or Juju Smith Schuster?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

They haven't found Cam Sutton yet. Do you think we will have to start a Rashee Rice / Cam Sutton disappearance mega thread?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Retaining counsel doesn't mean he did anything wrong necessarily, he just wants a lawyer to help him navigate the courts. It's not a bad idea if your life is going to become a little bit complicated from a legal perspective.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

I can just picture Dan Campbell and Jim Harbaugh co-authoring a book called To Serve Man.

It's a cookbook. Dan gives elaborate instructions on kneecaps, Jim tells you how to prepare the back.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

grams =/= ounces

Wait until you hear about the different types of ounces.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Remember that Jakobi Meyer's lateral that turned into a defensive touchdown? Mac Jones doesn't.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Pusha INT

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Docjowles posted:

That seems like it would be a massive ballache shifting lockers around every time a dude joins or leaves the team. Like on top of the :psyduck: of the recruit level

Oops we have a #44 now, gotta move 45-99 one to the right

Just do what they do with the highway exit numbers. You can have players with #90-A, #90-B, and #90-C.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Bellmaker posted:

Figured out the problem, the Patriots keep drafting WRs that think planets are real

Anyone know if MHJ has an opinion on space?

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Last time I ate at Applebee's I got violently ill mid meal. I still don't understand how they survived while Ruby Tuesday didn't.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

fartknocker posted:

Letting Nike go full Nike is how we ended up with the worst uniforms of the last decade, like Tampa's alarm clock numbers and Cleveland's crappy uniforms from the same period (Both 2014/2015 to 2019), or the Jags two-tone crap helmet with no transition.

With limited exceptions and a few minor changes (Notably the Chargers), basically every team should go back to the uniforms they had in like 1994-95.

I would leave the Patriots' uniforms in the past to be honest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Nervous posted:

Gonna have to cut that gunner from special teams.

Tank Dell is such a good receiver he was even able to catch some strays.