Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

isgayah pachaidsco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

jesus loves 🦶

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
peacock feed way behind... sucks

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

games rigged

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

now i do beleive the cabal is trying to punish san francisco, for electing chesa boudin

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Trust the plan. It'll looks bad at first but the script calls for it. It'll be a close game throughout until the end

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

games rigged

yep

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Trump's team is gonna win.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

So I heard about Travis Kelce assaulting Andy Reid on life television, but didn't watch it until now, because I knew it would upset me.

Holy poo poo it's even worse than I thought. What the gently caress is wrong with that guy? Andy Reid is, like, the best friend to multiple generations of children. In the Chiefs universe, ANDY REID IS A COACH, who is currently putting mental health and caring for others in the spotlight.

And Travis loving Kelce ... did ... that? And thought it was going to be ... funny? What?

What an rear end in a top hat. What a stupid, self-centered, tone deaf rear end in a top hat.

Full disclosure: all the time, when I was growing up, my dad would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while he screamed in my face. He choked me more than once. He was always out of control, always in a furious rage, and always terrifying. I'm a 51 year-old man and my heart is pounding right now, recalling how I felt when I was a little boy who loved Gunther Cunningham the way today's kids love Andy Reid.

So this appalling, unforgivable, despicable act hits more than one raw nerve for me, and I'm going to say what I wish I'd been able to say when this sort of thing happened to me.

Travis Kelce, this was not okay, and your obviously insincere "apology" clearly communicates that you don't get that.

First of all, you aren't even in the segment, but you just decided to barge in and draw focus because ... why? You couldn't stand that a coach brought people together in a meaningful way that you can't? You couldn't stand that your appearance on national television to promote your wildly successful series was delayed for a few seconds while the adults talked about mental health? You wanted to manufacture a viral moment where everyone gets to see what an rear end in a top hat you are, so they'll tune in and watch you portray an rear end in a top hat in the last season of your show that celebrates how great it is to be an rear end in a top hat without ever experiencing the consequences of being an rear end in a top hat?

I really want to know what raced through his tiny little mind, and why there was no voice or person who spoke up to stop him from expressing violence towards a coach WHO WAS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HOW HIS LOVE AND EMPATHY FOR PEOPLE HAVING A TOUGH TIME MATTERED AND MADE A DIFFERENCE.

Andy Reid and his dad were there to talk about empathy, love, kindness, and caring for each other.

Travis Kelce was there to promote the final (thank god, maybe he'll go away now) season of a television series.

Like, read the room, dickhead. It isn't always about you being the center of attention. And understand what's happening in the moment, fucko. Understand that there are larger things in the world than you and your garbage ego.

You know who is watching the Today show with their parents? Kids who also watch Football. Andy Reid is an avatar for children all over the world. Children who are too small to understand Andy Reid is a coach will know that a man attacked someone they love for no reason, and that will frighten and confuse them.

Andy Reid inspired a deeply meaningful and important moment of collective support among disparate people who have been struggling through the traumas of a pandemic, daily mass shootings, the rise of fascism and everything associated with Trump's violence and cruelty.

And lovely idiot Travis Kelce couldn't leave it alone, for some reason. He had to indirectly tell everyone who opened their hearts to a coach that they were stupid, and he thought it was a good joke to physically attack and choke this character who is beloved by children and adults alike. You know what that tells impressionable young people about sharing their feelings?

Travis Kelce strikes me as a person who mocks and belittles people who are vulnerable and sensitive, and enjoys being cruel, because he feels untouchable. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's who I see whenever I can't find the remote and he's on my television.

By contrast, Andy Reid and the coaches teach and model to children all over the world that kindness and empathy aren't weak or stupid or any of the things people like Travis Kelce and my dad think they are. Andy Reid and the coaches teach children to be gentle and kind, to celebrate our different cultures and to embrace all of our complicated feelings. Andy Reid and the coaches offer comfort and friendship and support to a world that is starving for it.

I hope that, when the dust settles, Travis Kelce’s appalling behavior will be a footnote to a larger story about how, for just one day, a coach made a difference and helped millions of people who are struggling to feel a little less alone. With one question, Andy Reid got lots and lots of people speaking openly and honestly about their mental health. A nontrivial number of people who none of us will ever know were inspired by it, and that was the last little nudge they needed to make the call or send the email to being healing. Andy Reid probably saved lives and relationships by opening that conversation.

A man who would belittle and mock that isn't much of a man at all. Shame on you, Travis Kelce.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ljarius poo poo

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Punished Turtle posted:

So I heard about Travis Kelce assaulting Andy Reid on life television, but didn't watch it until now, because I knew it would upset me.

Holy poo poo it's even worse than I thought. What the gently caress is wrong with that guy? Andy Reid is, like, the best friend to multiple generations of children. In the Chiefs universe, ANDY REID IS A COACH, who is currently putting mental health and caring for others in the spotlight.

And Travis loving Kelce ... did ... that? And thought it was going to be ... funny? What?

What an rear end in a top hat. What a stupid, self-centered, tone deaf rear end in a top hat.

Full disclosure: all the time, when I was growing up, my dad would grab me by the shoulders and shake me while he screamed in my face. He choked me more than once. He was always out of control, always in a furious rage, and always terrifying. I'm a 51 year-old man and my heart is pounding right now, recalling how I felt when I was a little boy who loved Gunther Cunningham the way today's kids love Andy Reid.

So this appalling, unforgivable, despicable act hits more than one raw nerve for me, and I'm going to say what I wish I'd been able to say when this sort of thing happened to me.

Travis Kelce, this was not okay, and your obviously insincere "apology" clearly communicates that you don't get that.

First of all, you aren't even in the segment, but you just decided to barge in and draw focus because ... why? You couldn't stand that a coach brought people together in a meaningful way that you can't? You couldn't stand that your appearance on national television to promote your wildly successful series was delayed for a few seconds while the adults talked about mental health? You wanted to manufacture a viral moment where everyone gets to see what an rear end in a top hat you are, so they'll tune in and watch you portray an rear end in a top hat in the last season of your show that celebrates how great it is to be an rear end in a top hat without ever experiencing the consequences of being an rear end in a top hat?

I really want to know what raced through his tiny little mind, and why there was no voice or person who spoke up to stop him from expressing violence towards a coach WHO WAS THERE TO TALK ABOUT HOW HIS LOVE AND EMPATHY FOR PEOPLE HAVING A TOUGH TIME MATTERED AND MADE A DIFFERENCE.

Andy Reid and his dad were there to talk about empathy, love, kindness, and caring for each other.

Travis Kelce was there to promote the final (thank god, maybe he'll go away now) season of a television series.

Like, read the room, dickhead. It isn't always about you being the center of attention. And understand what's happening in the moment, fucko. Understand that there are larger things in the world than you and your garbage ego.

You know who is watching the Today show with their parents? Kids who also watch Football. Andy Reid is an avatar for children all over the world. Children who are too small to understand Andy Reid is a coach will know that a man attacked someone they love for no reason, and that will frighten and confuse them.

Andy Reid inspired a deeply meaningful and important moment of collective support among disparate people who have been struggling through the traumas of a pandemic, daily mass shootings, the rise of fascism and everything associated with Trump's violence and cruelty.

And lovely idiot Travis Kelce couldn't leave it alone, for some reason. He had to indirectly tell everyone who opened their hearts to a coach that they were stupid, and he thought it was a good joke to physically attack and choke this character who is beloved by children and adults alike. You know what that tells impressionable young people about sharing their feelings?

Travis Kelce strikes me as a person who mocks and belittles people who are vulnerable and sensitive, and enjoys being cruel, because he feels untouchable. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's who I see whenever I can't find the remote and he's on my television.

By contrast, Andy Reid and the coaches teach and model to children all over the world that kindness and empathy aren't weak or stupid or any of the things people like Travis Kelce and my dad think they are. Andy Reid and the coaches teach children to be gentle and kind, to celebrate our different cultures and to embrace all of our complicated feelings. Andy Reid and the coaches offer comfort and friendship and support to a world that is starving for it.

I hope that, when the dust settles, Travis Kelce’s appalling behavior will be a footnote to a larger story about how, for just one day, a coach made a difference and helped millions of people who are struggling to feel a little less alone. With one question, Andy Reid got lots and lots of people speaking openly and honestly about their mental health. A nontrivial number of people who none of us will ever know were inspired by it, and that was the last little nudge they needed to make the call or send the email to being healing. Andy Reid probably saved lives and relationships by opening that conversation.

A man who would belittle and mock that isn't much of a man at all. Shame on you, Travis Kelce.

also lol

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Punished Turtle posted:

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

now i do beleive the cabal is trying to punish san francisco, for electing chesa boudin
yep, san franchudsco has gone full chud and must be punished, for i live here and am chud

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

lobster shirt posted:

i will punish you if this happens

dont get mad at the weatherman for telling you its gunna rain

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Xaris posted:

dont get mad at the weatherman for telling you its gunna rain

i do though

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
So I heard about Brett Favre assaulting His Penis on life the internet, but didn't watch it until now, because I knew it would upset me.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Lobster are you drunk? Few drinks with the game?

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
im watching on my leaf antenna and there was an old timey rfk jr ad

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

RFK Jr ad :chud:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

im watching on my leaf antenna and there was an old timey rfk jr ad

Legit the smartest thing you could do in a campaign

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LOL so good

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

Petey posted:

my main contribution to this Super Bowl party so far was saying that I was rooting for Taylor Swift’s private jet that she takes from one side of the stadium to the other to crash into it to help prevent more environmental crimes by mediocre white women. So now I posting because I’ve been sent to do dishes in the kitchen while her friends cool off

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Weka posted:

Lobster are you drunk? Few drinks with the game?

i have consumed only water since about 9:30 this morning

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

All the worst posters are really mad about this post lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

its an insanely regarded post to be fair lol

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

its an insanely regarded post to be fair lol

its epic

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

I’m gonna believe it is a very good bit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

halftime was sick i m o

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i say swears online posted:

halftime was sick i m o

Not quite as good as Prince but very fun/good

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lmao

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I don’t have cable and didn’t want to sign up for Paramount+, even for a free trial. And all the people streaming the game on Twitch got shut down.

The deep state really doesn’t want me watching this one.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

the real deep state box seats with Beyoncé, Jay-Z and Jack Dorsey

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I don’t have cable and didn’t want to sign up for Paramount+, even for a free trial. And all the people streaming the game on Twitch got shut down.

The deep state really doesn’t want me watching this one.

get an antenna its on cbs

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

This game needs some more touchdowns or all of these betting companies are making a killer haul. Every idiots parlay has at least 1 anytime td scorer

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Enjoyed halftime, gently caress the chiefs, gently caress the niners.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

partial streaker alert

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

many people are calling them the kan'tsas lovely queefs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

partial streaker alert

usher looked great without his shirt

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

i say swears online posted:

usher looked great without his shirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

Punished Turtle posted:

lol