Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I have the little RETRO ASL Rules booklet but I never bothered exploring it, interested to see what differences exist :)

Lol I scrolled up and immediately was like "Oh, its Retaking Vierville!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
In Retro, do you have to roll for attacking everyone in CC or can you choose to attack a single US squad?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
This is why you play with the IIFT and not the IFT.

Also War of the Rats gives you a massive tool for the Germans - the Flamethrower. [Flamethrowers change so much about the math for your odds that you can't even combine firepower with it, iirc]

As for Vierville, it teaches you that stone buildings are strong defensive tools, while also teaching you that leaders are great at trying to reduce those benefits. Whatever Retro does to prevent/reduce the chances for units to shoot during the movement phase and, apparently(?), allowing the attacker to choose where the defender shoots removes all of the IGOUGO participation and, in a full-ASL scenario, would be dogwater for scenarios that involve higher-chance snipers.

And, yeah, if you can't break them via shooting, the only other option is getting into Close Combat, where US troops almost always have the advantage.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
DCs explode in the Advanced Fire Phase for ASL. Also that Flamethrower has a range of 2!?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

I goofed on the flamethrower because I was correctly halving the FP for a range-two attack but I was counting it as part of a fire group, which it shouldn't be able to do

as for the DCs, Retro doesn't have an Advance Fire phase: the Close Combat phase is both the "move one hex" and "resolve CC" phase in one, so I figured "start of CC, before any movement" would be close enough

Yeah, which changes the math on how the shots go out - or at least moreso in ASL because of the FT's properties.

Also gross, losing an entire phase in Retro :( Bummer that you have to survive the entire defensive fire phase, but I guess that's the trade off when you don't shoot in movement.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
A unit being shot at that triggers Heat of Battle can indeed go from broken to Berserk. A leader can go through the same, and will force all units stacked with him that have the same, or lower, morale to take checks to see if they also go berserk.

Also SW malfunctions is random selection, same as cowering.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Also also you can crop the board in VASL. You can also opt to select a "new map" if a game is already in progress, select the same map youre on, and crop it while in play.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Broken units defend at half? Bummer.

Surprised you didnt just run into the objective bldg with the 6 movement points you had, tbh. Free bldg that instantly counts as yours once you move in, force hesitation when the Fussians try to move in, and a FT to roast anyone and everyone

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Depending on the Gun and/or if it is Emplaced, it gets a +2 TEM DRM to the shot. Otherwise normal TEM. (You can't have both).

The Grain shot is only +1. The rule states through, not into/out of a hindrance location. Smoke is handled differently.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
There would've been far more shooting, especially at units outside of buildings, and those shots are far better for the defenders when the targets arent in stone buildings.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
If its any consolation, Retro, in the way I currently understand it thanks to this thread, essentially plays in the way that Sir John D Avalon Hill specifically opposed for Squad Leader, as it ignores shooting in the movement phase in exchange for the hesitation mechanic

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
ASL is my thing, how dare you.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
War of the Rats suffers from not being a complex scenario, too

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

I do think this is also a factor, yes - the Germans can start the game already right up next to the Soviets, with no ingress required save the final street crossing, and they're given a ton of heavy weaponry, and the variability of the arrival of the Soviet reinforcements can screw the Reds over big-time

after spending some more time with the system over the past week, I'm trying to not be so negative as I might have come off as, as I think WOTR's idiosyncrasies might not make it a particularly good vehicle to evaluate Retro's rules

Of all the recorded plays on ROAR/ASLSA, the WOTR results stand at 275/269/3 for the German/Russian/Draw wins. Its a super balanced scenario, one designed to get you to understand assaulting tough urban defenses, but super one note.

If anything, I think its a great way to show off Retro's differences from ASL and, in some cases, ASLSK

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

huh, that's fascinating. Maybe I should look around and see if there are any after-action reports to see how other people have "beat" it, from either side

These are all of the comments I could find on ASLSA that are relevant - might've missed one or two but you can get a glimpse of what did or didn't work for peeps.

quote:

Came down to the wire, no reinforcements ever arrived!
Didn't even get close. I set my Germans too far from one of the buildings and had no chance.
Benjamin came in heavy with his forces onto my right flank, which I did not expect. He got 2 buildings, but my reserves were timely and I was able to turn my 3rd building into a fortress. Called on turn 5.
Won only by holding the last building, that Ad Hoc Group saved my rear end!
German crushed the Russian right flank early on, resulting in an imbalance that the Russians could not bounce back from. The reinforcements on Turn 4 were dealt with swiftly and the lone Russian leader and unit were finally eliminated on the last turn, though they almost contested a building to block the win.
Very tense game, Russian victory thanks to a last turn counterattack after a bold German assault
Russian set up defending the 3 victory locations. Germans swung right and left and took buildings. Rest of force burst up the middle. Finally took.the middle building after wounding a leader 2 times. Russians rallied and got relief force in turn 4. Took back right side building. Germans bum rushed the final building in the find part of Turn 6 and surrounded the relief column. Almost a Russian come back. Crazy extreme dice rolls made a see saw battle. Great game right up to the end. Never gave up..
The first time I played this, the Germans smeared the Russians. I did not use fire groups very wisely, and I was too hesitant to through the Russians into the German meat-grinder, which cost the Russians the game.
I played this one twice more, with one more German and finally a Russian victory. It was very close all play throughs.
Decisive German win. Played solo. The Russians left a gap in their coverage of the left flank which was instantly exploited by the Germans, The flank crumbled with the Germans moving quickly left-to right towards the big factory. By the last turn the Germans had moved next to the garrison of the O building, which consist entirely of broken squads, some having escaped from the large factory. The German advanced in and took up residence. Game over. With everyone under DM, the last Russian rally phase was a forlorn hope.
A truly nail-biting game, decided in the last CC roll of the last turn in which the Russian player failed to take over one of the objectives by an inch. Great balance and a bunch of interesting situations.
My third time with this scenario, against my third different opponent. And, pardon the cliche, the third time was the charm.
Eric set up with most of his force deployed in the buildings running along the N6-P4 road. Although that provided me with several targets to mass fire on for my first turn prep, he was able to put enough interlocking fields of fire down that it ruled out moving into the street on the first turn. By his own admission, his one mistake was putting four squads and an LMG on the western half (his left) but with no leader to rally them. And my 4-6-7 with LMG and 9-1 leader set up in the I4 building pretty much bisected the battlefield and cut those guys off.
I set up three assault teams: left, right, and center. On the right, (western end) I quickly got across the road and drove his broken squads out of the first VC building. This is where he really missed having a leader there. However, my attack teams in the center and left were stymied. It seemed like in every fire phase I would either roll too high, or I would roll low, and he would roll lower. He posted his MMG with a 4-4-7 and 8-1 leader in J5 which really bogged down my center attack. Despite throwing a blizzard of bullets at those guys, I could not budge them. I am not exaggerating when I say they survived 5 consecutive MCs without so much as a pin. In desperation, I even tried to burn him out with a long range FT shot, only to have it flame out on the first shot.
By turn four, I was starting to worry I would run out of time to grab the other two VC buildings and would have to start throwing bodies into the street regardless of how many GO squads he had, But suddenly in one fire phase all the dice went my way, and combined with some well-placed smoke, almost everything he had on that side was broken or pinned. To add salt to the wound, Eric kept rolling high on his reinforcements, and they didn't come into the game until turn five. By then I was firmly entrenched in all three VC buildings, and they had to advance into a buzzsaw just to get on the board.
A fun game, and Eric put up a good fight. I think if he could have gotten his reinforcements in a couple turns earlier it would have been tough for the Germans to pull it out.
Ended with a German surrender in turn 6 after it was impossible to take more than one building. The star of the battle was one sole Russian unit with a LMG in the middle in H6 that managed to brake several units and hold back the German demolition charges.
Played this as the Germans. Ken used the suggested set up from the Bonsai Mag article. It essentially puts almost the whole Russian OB on the front line to contest first turn street crossing by the Germans. No doubt it gives the Germans pause before venturing out from the safety of their own stone buildings. The downside (IMO) is that with the Germans setting up second, they can set up killer FGs on selected units with the first prep fire.
I attacked heavy on my left (eastern end) hoping to capture the two VC buildings on that side early. Although it was touch and go, I managed to secure them both by T4. However, on my far right (western end) four conscript squads and a 7-0 leader withstood attack after attack from 4 MMC and a LMG. And just when I started to finally make some progress, his reinforcements arrived to shore up the defense of the last VC building. The game came down to two Melees one of which I won, the other ended in Melee on the last turn, keeping me from gaining control of the last VC building.
If coming down to a last turn CC, in the last hex, of the last VC building is the definition of play balance, then this scenario is well balanced. An interesting storyline developed when we realized the surviving conscript squad that held the last hex, had held that hex from turn one and survived multiple FG attacks, including a PBF from hefty FG.
Enjoyable game and recommended if you want an opportunity to experience urban tactics and using toys like DC and FTs.
Jack already gave a detailed AAR here so I won't add much. My first ASL (SK) game ever and this is a great first one for anybody. Hard to call it a "win" for the Russians as it came down to a CC DR in the very last hex on the very last turn.
Our playing already started to reinforce some tactical rules of thumb I'd read about. For example, a leader with a DC sometimes does more damage by his presence than the DC itself does. The Russians broke an important MG in the process of panic firing at said DC toting leader!
Had the privilege to play this great SK1 infantry scenario with none other than Dale Wetzelberger whose 9-2 leader counter in the original SL we all remember. Although he is primarily a full ASL player, he agreed to "step down" to SK for me. As can be seen by the ratings, this is a is very well-balanced scenario. The Germans have the usual cool urban warfare toys, plus their 5-4-8 elite squads can lay smoke on a 4 or less dr. The Russians have the usual cannon-fodder conscripts backed by enough 1st line squads and MGs to make life in OG precarious for the German. Add to that the "shock" platoon led by a 9-2 leader that can enter as early as turn two, and the German player faces a real challenge.
Dale was the Russians and skillfully set up to avoid any serious first turn Prep fire, while at the same time keeping enough LOS in play to make crossing the road dangerous. In retrospect, my attack plan was so-so. I hit hard on both flanks, taking the far western building fairly early and the far eastern building shortly thereafter. But Dale adroitly fell back and built a defense around the largest building in the center. Even still, I had a glimmer of hope until his reinforcements arrived on turn 3 just in time to turn the tide in the center. I managed to get a foothold in the third building by the last turn but was too bled out to do much with it. As usual in any scenario, I made a few mistakes in tactics, but the biggest was not setting up a MG nest in the I4 building which would have hindered his movement from west to east. Overall, all it was close game. Dale is a great guy and gave me a couple helpful tips. Fun scenario well worth a replay.
This was awesome. It came down to one last roll in a Russian/German Melee. Russians won the roll. it was a 2-1 Russia roll and a 1-4 roll for the Germans, CXed.
Great scenario. Germans captured two right side locations. Attack stalled as flanking element was driven back. Reaction force arrive and reinforced the final location. Final assault from the right wad stopped dead in the open ground in final turn. Russians win.
This was a scenario with a returning ASL player who is refreshing his rules knowledge. The Germans set up with almost all his forces on the Russian right flank. He led off with heavy Prep Fire, but rolled almost exclusively high while the Russian Conscripts rolled low. The few units that could move were broken or pinned. Turn 2 was executed much better with the Germans crossing the road in force. After the German Turn 3, the Russian forces were vanquished on the left and seriously depleted in the center. However, the Russian player was able to receive his reinforcements on Turn 3, which quickly turned the tide. The Germans pressed on to the center, but could make only slow progress. At Turn 6 the Russians still had firm control of two buildings with no hope of being dislodged. Had the Germans played Turn 1 like Turn 2 or had the Russian reinforcements arrived any later, the outcome would have been very much in the air.
Solo scenario. russian victory by keeping control of one location
The Germans isolated the western VC objective with a kill stack covering the north/south road, and then executed a masterful assault on the eastern two objectives with 3/4s of his force, including all the engineers, the FT and DCs. The Germans captured both of the eastern objectives by Turn 3, and decimated the defending Russian force. Even with the arrival of the Russian "shock group" reinforcements in Turn 3, the German force swung westward and captured the remaining objective at the end of Turn 5. Well done, Mark!
Used the defense discussed in the Banzai magazine. Very good for learning.
Again shameless copied the position from the Banzai Magazin for the German attack. Learned a lot about smoke use and FTs.
A very nice scenario. The Germans were helped by the late arrival of the Russian reinforcements (in the last turn...). However, the issue of the game was decided in the very last turn with the control (FT mediated) by the German troops of the third building. Meanwhile, the Russian "Shock group" tried to recapture another building and were halted in the last CC. A bloody ending for a thrilling game !
SK game played at the Spreading Blaze ASL Tourney in Atlanta this week! Had the great opportunity sit down across the table from the same great player/teacher/mentor/Tournament Director I played my very first ASLSK game with 18 months ago! Many thanks for the match Gary!
Poor Germans made almost no headway against the Russians in the two western buildings. The only building taken was undefended F8. Sad.
Another bloody slugfest in Stalingrad. Despite ineffective PrepF and AdvF on the first few turns, the Germans successfully secured the first building on the north and crossed the road to the center building. Continued assaults suffered heavy casualties aided by numerous 1,1 Russian rolls. In return, the Russian losses were also heavy. The Germans seized control of the final building on Turn 6. With one MMC and 9-2 leader, the Russians hoped to retake one building hex in CC. German DefF failed to stop them 3 times. However, on the low odds 4th DefF shot, the Germans succeeded in eliminating the Russian leader and breaking the MMC ended the scenario for a win.
Germans broke last Russians in last building during Advancing Fire Phase of Turn 6 to win.
Good game, very tense for the Germans attacking into the Russian line. Germans quickly captured the one building to the west, before stalling against the two eastern buildings. Ended with troops in both eastern buildings, but locked in melee and unable to gain control.
First day done. Russians lost the western building complex. Reinforcements show up early, which has slowed the central buildings loss.
Incredible loss, with a huge stack on O7 breaking every squad after receiving a flame thrower attack
Great game! I had two of the three victory buildings by turn two but just couldn't root the Russians out of the last one. Soviet shock force came in on turn two which didn't help. Well played by my opponent who didn't let some early reversals cost him the game.
My opponent, as the Germans, set up heavy on my left flank. Fortunately, I had set up far back as possible forcing him to move into firing range. I pinned some of his units which reduced the effectiveness of his advancing fire. His return fire broke some units that were able to route to safety with my 8-1.
The pressure was intense with his multiple kill stacks aggressively moving in. To stem the tide, I advanced a lone squad into the closest stack and was able to draw it into melee tying it up. That left my 8-1, MMG, and two squads in H8 free to fire point blank at another stack lead by a 9-2 moving into G9. The leader fell, two squads broke, one reduced. Then on the LLC another was eliminated and another reduced.
With the potential for reinforcements arriving and the heavy losses the Germans seceded from battle in the bottom of the second.
Loic is a new player; yet his application of tactics at this level was perfect. Great game!
The Germans took some heavy casualties early on, losing some important 548s and the FT, but managed to come back to the fight. In the end the Russians won by holding building F8. Nice game.
German advance on the east side was thrown back despite good FT result. The advance on the west broke half the Russian defenders and made it across the road. On Turn 2 the German force on the east rallied and quickly advanced. Weak Russian MMG placement allowed the German player to consolidate the gains and seize the last building with force while maintaining strong defensive position against Russian reinforcements. Game called at the end of Turn 4.
German initial assault was thrown back with losses delaying his advance. Russian reinforcements arrived on Turn 4 entering on the western side where the German player left only one squad to hold the western building. Russian reoccupied and held the building to game end.
Germans were able to capture all the victory locations before the reinforcements arrived making it very hard to retake. Called it on turn 4.
German first turn Prep Fire eliminated or broke two key Russian defensive positions with good die rolls. Russian tried to hold off, but broke and was eliminated by envelopment. Russian reinforcements never arrived. Germans eliminated all Russian units by the end of Turn 4.
Play and teach game...German had hard 1st turn then rolled from there. Lack of reinforcements hurt Russian
Russian reinforcements enter the game Turn 2. Helped to resist. Easy win due to the lack of experience of the German side player. Enjoyed the game.
Solid German win - partly due to lack of Russian reinforcements. Good smoke and rally rolls. FT was ineffective.
Still learning. Went to the last turn. Late Russian reinforcements. Good game
The Russians resisted the German assault and won a CC at 1:4 odds ratio that allowed them to take back the control of a building.
First game since a (very) long time. Great enjoyment. I tried to launch a fast attack on the west side but the Russians had a strong defense. A lost CC buried my thin hopes.
German dispersed his troops trying to take all VC buildings at once, and almost succeeded thanks to some extremely long row of low rolls. When luck tide went out F8 building was well out of reach and the German conceded. Nice game, though. Quite good for learning some basics.
In a rather embarrassing performance, the Russian commander confused the victory conditions and stalwartly defended an unimportant building. Nice game nonetheless.
Nick is a new player. His initial turn was typical for a new player: plenty of prep fire and no results. He quickly ramped up the aggressive nature required to attack and ended up in one turn engaging in 4 (four!) close combat attacks against me. In each attack he had the better odds and ended up taking out the objective buildings in quick succession on turns 4 to 6. Great match!
Lost my German FT on the first turn but Marco left an opening on the far flank and I steamrolled through with some nice rolls. Had a demo charge do some damage in the main area and after that, it was mostly just mopping up.
Rendición en Turno 3.
Scenario was a good one as always - great intro to city fighting ASLSK style. Clark made some mistakes in his setup and took a few too many FPF shots with brittle conscripts, and ended up conceding in turn 3 when his reinforcements failed to show up and the Germans had control of all three victory buildings.
Was fun to get back to the starter kits after getting started that way myself about a decade ago. If we had more time, I would have probably just jumped in and taught him the full game, but since we were trying to get a learning scenario finished on a week night, SK was the perfect way to go. We'll switch to full ASL in no time!
My second game. I lost badly, felt like there was no chance by the end of the third round. Forfeited after the 5th. My biggest mistake was not fire grouping enough.
Always a good scenario. A couple last turn CCs sealed the deal but it was really decided in a nasty Russian PFPh...
Germans used their toys to good effect (i.e. FT didn't X), and Russians didn't get their reinforcements until Turn 6, when it was far too late.
Russians focused defenses mostly on eastern side while Germans attempted a blended approach. Fierce fighting in the north led to a crippled German killstack while conscript skulking in the far southwest kept the flamethrower from reaching the objective buildings.
A combination of overly aggressive usage of FPF with my conscripts, and some truly horrific rolls, left me with 4 GO squads on the back half of turn two. We called it after I lost another two squads in CC.
Tried to do a quick turn on this scenario, but ended up calling it after two hours. The German's dice just didn't want to roll good. Lots of breaks and no MCs/Ks when firing.
I played very aggressively. Got lucky with dice rolls on turn 1 and that set the whole tone of the game. David gave up during my phase of turn 4 as I was about to take the third building.
I played as the Russians. Should have been more aggressive. Should have used smoke more.
We had to leave the game in the russia 5th turn with some advantage for the germans. In the turn and a half left the germans had everything almost done to finish winning
Germans were very tentative in crossing the street, opting to shoot more often than scoot. Not sure that I blame them though as the Russians had two monster kill stacks holding down the flanks.
Snakes on a crucial CC really ended the day for the Germans...
This was a reintroduction to ASL for me. It was a fun fast scenario. And it turned out my poor initial placement did not matter, as I rolled 12 after 12 after 12, defying the laws of statistical probability.
A brutal Russian counterattack sealed this one. Solo.
Soviet Reinforcements on Turn one is a disaster.
Russian won as they could survive in one of the buiding hex. As the German, I forgot to use the smoke which could probably have made the difference.
Effective use of smoke is essential in this fun scenario.
玩到第2回合德军行动完后,苏军死伤过半,AraKalLek掀桌了
Gabe and I decided to try the 2nd ASLSK scenario. For some reason he wanted to play the Russians, so I let him setup. He did a pretty good job (only his 2nd game) keeping his forces back to avoid the 9-2 German death star, but he left a few of the approach hexes undefended and allowed my Germans to get up close and personal. I whittled him down, breaking squads and pushing him back. He could have used his reinforcements a turn earlier, they came in on Russian 3. By then, my Germans had the advantage and he had to counterattack. The flamethrower broke the 9-2 stack in the woods and his 5-2-7 squads kept pinning and he conceded after Turn 4 when I broke his final 5-2-7. He lost 2 leaders to wounds and the 9-1 to close combat. German victory.
Germans successfully used all SW and smoke to full advantage, going up the middle to divide and conquer.
The german strategy was to first focus their attack on the 2 most weakly defended buildings. However, it was not as quick as expected and the russian were successful in defending the last building.
Germans decimated as they crossed the street
Russians took a bit of a battering and couldn't stop the German advance.
Russian reinforcements arrive turn 2, Germans suffered early casualties and flame thrower loss, could never push further.
Germans overpowered Russians (placed units too close to German start), Russians gave up turn 2
Germans overpowered Russians,Russians gave up 3rd turn
Easy VASSAL win against Padawan. Defenses were too exposed and I just blasted them and then quickly take the buildings.
Interesting scenario. Took a severe beating from flamethrower. Demo charges never really played a big part. Got my reinforcements on the last turn but he was too well setup in the buildings by then. Russian really needs to have a good fallback plan before setup.
Brutal beating. Held out 'til last turn, but was utterly destroyed.
Defended an extra building to Russian dismay.
Russians set up in the VC buildings, allowing easy German attack. Russian conceded in Turn 3, lacking any on board MMC (still waiting on reinforcements).
Amazing game! Russian leaders killed two german leaders and a squad in CC! Tight game!
down to the last die roll, a CC with the reinforcements as a half squad made it and killed the a german squad but then died themselves
Rematch of an earlier playing. The Russians defended a lot better but again broke and ran at inopportune times. The reinforcements showed up and were mauled.
Went until the last turn, when my close combat rush couldn't succeed in knocking him out of a building.
Terrible First fire from the German in 1rst turn let no chance to the Russian. Russian reinforcement sleep till turn 4, too late to change the end.
Lopsided German win But Amis still had a chance going into final turn. Didn't receive reinforcement until turn 5!!
Got my reinforcements early, big help.
One flippin' russian reinforcement snook into CC in one building on the last turn!!!
Russians didn't get their reinforcements! Won by half a squad.
The Russkies made me pay to heavy a price to get across that first street. Close game, still had a slim shot to win on the last turn. Well played by Jeff.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Curious as to why the 4-2-6 was eliminated for failure to rout. Or am I just forgetting something specific to ASLSK?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Gross.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is that a Retro rule thing to change the ELR happenings on a leader? ASL would see all the units with the Leader roll to see if they fail(?) the berserk check. I believe Commissars automatically force everyone to Berserk...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Not even SS go berserk? That's... strange.

Its like they just took the Human Wave rules and said "That's Berserk now and also much worse"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You def could have routed further if using ASL rules, unless Retro changes some stuff I'm unaware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Unsubbed for use of skulking.