Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Shard posted:

*in the style of private party's music* oh my god is that Matt Taven?

MATT
MATT
MATT
MATT
MATT

:slick: ALL WE WANNNT :slick:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That Matt Taven dive was the spot of a mediocre guy in the main event of one of the biggest crowds he ever performed in front of deciding he was going to take this chance and do something people would remember.
I respect that.

For a couple of replacement level guys, Taven and Bennett have amused me more than I ever thought they could.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

If you have further doubts about Matt Taven you should watch Darius and Andretti vs. The Kingdom in a Fight Without Honor.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

That Matt Taven dive was the spot of a mediocre guy in the main event of one of the biggest crowds he ever performed in front of deciding he was going to take this chance and do something people would remember.
I respect that.

For a couple of replacement level guys, Taven and Bennett have amused me more than I ever thought they could.

Matt Taven has performed in Arena Mexico dozens of times including three title matches and three Grand Prix Internacionals.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

taven flying is me during the weekend and the table is sunday night

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

ChrisBTY posted:

I respect that.

This is Madison Square Garden, Arena Mexico, and Tokyo Dome erasure.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Rename the forum Matt Taven's Mat Tavern

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

If you have further doubts about Matt Taven you should watch Darius and Andretti vs. The Kingdom in a Fight Without Honor.

You should also watch this if you have no doubts whatsoever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ChrisBTY posted:

I respect that.

Excuse me, sir, Matt Taven has main evented in Arena Mexico and Madison Square Garden. I am not scrolling down to make sure MRT hasn't made this post before me. Do NOT reply "e;fb" to this post.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

Did Matt Taven do the crash and burn table spot in this match too? I know I've seen him do it before. That match is fantastic, so if you are an Honor Club member watch it!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

MJeff posted:

Excuse me, sir, Matt Taven has main evented in Arena Mexico and Madison Square Garden. I am not scrolling down to make sure MRT hasn't made this post before me. Do NOT reply "e;fb" to this post.

Not just main evented, won titles!

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

MassRafTer posted:

Matt Taven has performed in Arena Mexico dozens of times including three title matches and three Grand Prix Internacionals.

That's why I said 'one of'.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ChrisBTY posted:

That's why I said 'one of'.

I don't think this crowd was in the top 50 of crowds he's performed in front of. It's not the biggest crowd he's performed of in an AEW singles main event, either. He is a guy who works really hard in matches like these and will do crazy stuff. He's Matt Taven.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Word on the street is he's Matt Taven.
Source?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Boston boys get no respect

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

"I'm Matt Taven"

-Matt Taven in regards to Matt Taven

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Shard posted:

"I'm Matt Taven"

-Matt Taven in regards to Matt Taven

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://x.com/poisonouspixies/status/1757963935985303835?s=46

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Matthew Jackson changed his billing because he knew he couldn't hang with Big Matt

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Hearing unconfirmed reports that Matt Taven

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I can confirm.

I am Matt Taven

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1708419318667505751

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

melvins in the mud as per usual

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm proud to say I was there and was one of the few excited and happy about it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haunted bong posted:

Hearing unconfirmed reports that Matt Taven

I’m confirming

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
matt taven plunged the top of his head into a pile of tacks last night lol

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

wednesday night tackdown!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Matt Taven

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1758264310059425839

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

graph posted:

matt taven plunged the top of his head into a pile of tacks last night lol

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

can’t stop thinking about matt taven

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

can’t stop thinking about matt taven

Good, you shouldn't.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I'm very excited to go to Big Business and hoot/holler for hometown hero Matt Taven

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The gloves are good folks. Whatever your thoughts are on Matt himself, I would hope you can all appreciate the gloves.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Matt Taven is the only wrestler in history to win world titles in both Arena Mexico and Madison Square Garden.

If you can’t respect that, get your Melvin rear end out of here!

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I disliked Taven since the Truth Martini days, but when I heard the story of how he stole a 30 ft banner of Jay Briscoe and gifted it to him, I realized he's just one of the boys, a drat good boy, and can appreciate him now.

Also he does sick head dives into tables.

Elvis Enwright
Jun 22, 2004
just like any other man, only more so
(As if introducing them to one another) “Matt, Table”

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

super macho dude posted:

I disliked Taven since the Truth Martini days, but when I heard the story of how he stole a 30 ft banner of Jay Briscoe and gifted it to him, I realized he's just one of the boys, a drat good boy, and can appreciate him now.

Always worth posting:
https://twitter.com/theDALTONcastle/status/1617581242467389441?lang=de

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Saw Matt Taven live on Wednesday, it was a life changing experience.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I've heard Matt Taven main evented in Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook and by gum it put them on the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

always liked the fellow