Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Peter is certainly going the next episode. It was frustrating that last week he didn't pitch the others the way that Trishelle pitch him: Phaedra is likely a traitor but Parvati definitely is, everyone knows it, but while we just barely have the numbers its better to get Phaedra now and Parvati next.

He certainly hasn't played the best game and CT was right when he said Peter is hard to work with because he won't listen to anyone else.

If you're someone who thinks Peter is a traitor you deserve to lose frankly. He's a traitor that has managed to get out two other traitors, both of whom made a point to single out Phaedra before they left? He's orchestrated the only moves for the faithfuls that actually worked. Sandra was great on Survivor but she's bad here. They're all playing the same game they've been playing the whole time, which is 'I don't particularly like this person, they must be the traitor'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

As a faithful the best thing to do is identify the traitors and keep them as long as humanly possible so you can get them out at the firepit and actually win the game, though. Sandra’s doing that first and foremost, it matters a lot less what people are actually saying from what I can tell

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think peter would do really well in big brother

e: bergie too actually thinking about it

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 1, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think trishelle has also been really underrated this season

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

DrVenkman posted:

Sandra was great on Survivor but she's bad here. They're all playing the same game they've been playing the whole time, which is 'I don't particularly like this person, they must be the traitor'.

Oh, I don't know. I think she's playing the same game she played on Survivor. "Anyone but me." If someone targets her, she can get loud too. If she's playing right, she can make it to the end and correctly call out the remaining traitors.

Still hoping for a Kate win.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think trishelle has also been really underrated this season

She's great but I do think she's been getting her flowers.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Railroading aside, I am very ok if this turns into the solo Kate-as-traitor show.

That was an actively stupid move even if people weren't part of his inner circle. Let's go Kate, you can do it girl.

Sandra has played a very boring game so far, but arguably she's probably playing the game great. By not doing contributing she's not on anyone radars, but is making enough friends that no one is bringing her up either to murder or to accuse.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 1, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Come on, Queen Sandra, figure it out!

Although I would be happy with a Kate win as well.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
I'm still not convinced Sheree has any idea what's going on with this show.

Also, I just noticed that MJ's dress is too small on her, so it's completely unzipped in the back. Twitter users figured out that all of her looks were bought on Shein.

Team Kate.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I thought MJ might actually vote out Phaedra the first time, but I was right that if they wrongly banished Pete they’d all turn on Phaedra once he revealed he was faithful.

Faithful continue to have this on lock… only 1 traitor left and it’s clearly Sandra or Kate. One goes, then the other!

I think Sandra actually gets banished next. In a way, she’s done well to avoid being killed by sticking close to the traitors until the last second, but that opens her up to a banishing. We saw CT and Trishelle had Sandra as their next target already and Kate helped get the ball rolling this ep. Not sure if Kate gets one more kill? But CT and Trishelle have been positioned as the heroes for awhile, wonder if they could win by themselves to get more of the purse… idk, probably not

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The first half of this was some of the best reality TV I've seen in years but it's fallen off with the Bravo ladies getting power. I hope Sandra manages to rally a Kate banishment. I haven't seen season 1 but I was told Kate would be entertaining? She's coasted by on a free vacation to this point. It would not be satisfying to see her win but I ultimately think MJ is :lol:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Shneak posted:

The first half of this was some of the best reality TV I've seen in years but it's fallen off with the Bravo ladies getting power. I hope Sandra manages to rally a Kate banishment. I haven't seen season 1 but I was told Kate would be entertaining? She's coasted by on a free vacation to this point. It would not be satisfying to see her win but I ultimately think MJ is :lol:

Spoilers for season 1

In season 1, mostly due to her RBF, she was targeted every week pretty much right from the beginning as a possible traitor. I'm not sure there was a single week where she didn't get votes against her. Knowing she wasn't a traitor, and seeing how poorly everyone else was playing, she began sabotaging challenges because she didn't want the money to go to the traitor who would ultimately end up winning the season. The contestants voted her out in the final episode, and were floored to learn that she wasn't actually a traitor. They ended the game early because they were confidant that they had eliminated all of the traitors, only for a traitor to win.

Kate's strong point has always been her sharp tongue in her confessionals.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Shneak posted:

Part of it is just the inherent flaw in the premise which is that being the Traitor is kind of easy. They've also not played a particularly good game. You knew it wasn't going to go well when Phaedra absolutely refused to kill any Housewives when Parvati suggested it.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah the loyalties to prior franchises or genres got magnified when the cast became all-reality-people plus that one guy from Parliament and they ditched the newbies (which was the right decision)

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
Kate really showing a change in affect and behavior. Makes me concerned for her.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i think ct and sandra are going to win

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Tomorrow. Finale. 👀🥳

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Queer Grenadier posted:

Tomorrow. Finale. 👀🥳

I'm supposed to be social tomorrow, which I don't think they realize what I'm sacrificing. Does the reunion air right after the finale? Or is that next week?

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm supposed to be social tomorrow, which I don't think they realize what I'm sacrificing. Does the reunion air right after the finale? Or is that next week?

Right after.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

Not sure if Kate gets one more kill? But CT and Trishelle have been positioned as the heroes for awhile, wonder if they could win by themselves to get more of the purse… idk, probably not
Okay, so Sheree is killed, then they banish Sandra, whoops, banish Kate, and now the f3 faithful are MJ, Trishelle, CT. Kill MJ for more of the pot or just to be sure. I see the path.

I will say, semi-live posting, killing Phaedra’s best friend immediately after calling Phaedra selfish… that says something.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

-Kate throwing green at the fire of truth after someone just got killed, umm
-Trishelle blew my mind voting CT at first although I get the reasoning
-so close to an MJ win if her random vote went on CT instead of Trishelle
-How did MJ not change her vote to CT after that? Pretty dumb to repeat the Trishelle vote when CT was openly refusing to budge and Trishelle had just voted CT… although it didn’t end up mattering

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Yeah, tonight

I'm bummed Kate didn't win because I like her so much, but she really blew that finale. It's a flaw in the game, if there's only 1 traitor left in the game in the finale, they're screwed, because someone was already voted out by the traitors, if they miss them at the round table, then there is obviously somebody left. Kate was dumb to end it early. She was better off waiting until it was just 2 people left when the end was forced. But, sort of glad to see CT and Trishelle have a happy ending after 22 years, even though I haven't watched the Challenge in over 2 decades.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

hell yeah

Supporting cast loses

They are assholes if they don't use some of the prize money to vacation with MJ.

VERY ok the result. Sandra did nothing most this so her explosion felt safe and warranted.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 8, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJ was awful, glad to see them fail to win the pot.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Kate threw so hard at the end oh wow

I think if she doesn’t get Shereé out there the Bravo crew runs it to the end and Kate has a much better chance.

Also there’s a lotttttt of salt at the reunion

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

STING 64 posted:

MJ was awful, glad to see them fail to win the pot.

based entirely off this i would've been happy with her win.
https://twitter.com/sanguinesal/status/1756163922602713229

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the funniest thing that the next season of The Challenge can do is literally do a Bravo Stars vs CBS Players season

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Interesting mix in the reunion of the Bravo people who seem to want to keep feuds and drama going versus the game players who are just like whatever this was a TV show where we had to lie and be duplicitous but it's over now so why are you taking this so seriously?

I know people have started saying that CT and Trishelle planned this the whole time or whatever but I do think if it had come down to it and Pete was still there she would have sided with him over CT. Once Pete and John were done Trishelle didn't really have anyone left to lean on.

I know they wouldn't quite admit what they did to MJ but the funny thing is they had an excuse built in: she's played a quiet game and voted out someone like Pete despite him very very clearly being a faithful. The way you've played has been suspicious and we have to ice you out.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I feel like a lot of viewers don’t give enough credence to the fact that even though we know they’re all faithful, they don’t know that, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to know 100% about anyone except yourself. That’s how the faithful lost the first season, by trusting someone they were tight with and ending the game too early. Case in point, Trishelle and CT said a lot of times, “you’re the only one I trust” but at the end Trishelle didn’t even trust CT! Even though they definitely had said stuff to the effect of I can only trust you (which means you could say they “planned” this), that doesn’t mean they planned it out of greed, but out of safety. And then you really can’t say they screwed MJ when she literally could have won by voting CT. There’s no WAY that was a ploy to not look greedy when it left CT a hair away from being eliminated, why would you ever do that, what for? Lots of people ignoring pretty obvious stuff to get mad I think

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ok after watching the reunion episode, they absolutely do not need to share some of the prize money with MJ.

lol Kate wanting to be on season 2 to escape her newborn.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 9, 2024

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

DrVenkman posted:

Interesting mix in the reunion of the Bravo people who seem to want to keep feuds and drama going versus the game players who are just like whatever this was a TV show where we had to lie and be duplicitous but it's over now so why are you taking this so seriously?

I know people have started saying that CT and Trishelle planned this the whole time or whatever but I do think if it had come down to it and Pete was still there she would have sided with him over CT. Once Pete and John were done Trishelle didn't really have anyone left to lean on.

I know they wouldn't quite admit what they did to MJ but the funny thing is they had an excuse built in: she's played a quiet game and voted out someone like Pete despite him very very clearly being a faithful. The way you've played has been suspicious and we have to ice you out.

People on the Bravo shows want to keep the drama going because drama fuels their shows, and gives them more screen time, which both increase their chances of getting paid to do a future show. Competition players stopped getting mad about outcomes a long time ago. The comp shows generally want compliant contestants who will show up, participate in the goofy activities, give good soundbites, and not disparage anything about the process until later on

Remember Kate spent most every mission complaining and throwing money away because it was too heavy last time. Same type of thing.

MJ is no stranger to a big giant argument, according to some people on RHAP; she had a huge feud with Reza from last season.

According to CT and Trishelle, Sandra sewed a little too much doubt at the end and it almost derailed things. Pretty good interview here: https://parade.com/tv/chris-ct-tamburello-trishelle-cannatella-the-traitors-season-2-winner-interview

mp5 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 9, 2024

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

We're not asking the real question: What the HELL was that final wrap that Alan wore?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah based on exit interviews from Trishelle and CT it just sounds like MJ really really blew it. Sandra told Trishelle that Phaedra was Sandra’s “traitor angel” and that CT was hers. So then Trishelle is thinking of all the times she probably should’ve been murdered and wasn’t, looks at CT changing gears to vote out Sandra before Kate, CT letting her have a shield in the tunnel instead of taking it himself…

apparently Trishelle was floating CT’s name at the bar before the fire of truth and told MJ that MJ was the only one she fully trusted. So MJ just totally blew it voting Trishelle and had the win right there for the taking. Trishelle then saw on CT’s face he was innocent and they wanted to throw the bags again but weren’t allowed so then they just took MJ out. CT I’m pretty sure just always wanted to take it to the end with Trishelle but there really shouldn’t be a lot of controversy for this ending! (If you look on Twitter everyone is hating on CT and Trishelle for not “just admitting” they were grabbing the money)

CT did think Sandra was a traitor but people have gamed it out and think if they banished Kate first, Sandra would’ve led a banishment on CT next, and after that it’s likely Sandra wins, probably taking out a few others before the end too.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 9, 2024

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If they wanted to throw the bags again then that makes MJ look even worse than I thought. Like I get some degree of bitterness, but come on.

I think people were also awfully harsh on Dan in the reunion.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Raxivace posted:

If they wanted to throw the bags again then that makes MJ look even worse than I thought. Like I get some degree of bitterness, but come on.

I think people were also awfully harsh on Dan in the reunion.

Agreed, I think Dan came out of that reunion far better than the people who were attacking him. He didn't play the best game but I don't think any of the Traitors did. You knew things were going to go bad when Phaedra completely shut down Parvati's attempt at killing a Housewife leading them to basically waste a kill on Ekin Su. After that it was just bad decision after bad decision for them matched only by the incompetence of the faithfuls.

Like it's still mad to me that MJ was like hmm yes I've looked at all the evidence and Pete is clearly the traitor. The motherfucker handed you two traitors on a platter and you still think he's one of them? How dumb are you!?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I didn't mind the Dan pile on, he was the worst of them at it. Absolutely didn't help that his justification from throwing Phaedra under the bus right before getting eliminated was "well I had to get rid of her eventually", as if highlighting her right before he was to be voted out was a position to do that. The multiple people going "yeah she wasn't even on my radar" before that kind of confirms he not only screwed his own game, but that of the only traitor still flying under the radar at that point.

I do think her holding a grudge against him still is silly tho too.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah the first two traitors both tried to bus Phaedra on their way out. The grudge is stupid but I get being mad at the time. It basically prevented the traitors from getting a foothold for the rest of the game, they were constantly playing from behind.

I think that’s more on Dan than Parvati but he was the most obvious Traitors pick from the start anyway, no winning there

I could have done with a lot less of John and more from a few other people at the reunion though.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I was expecting to hate the ending to this season but I'm pretty okay with it. MJ getting eliminated was hilariously cold but it's entirely on her—CT basically said he's voting her out, so vote him just in case Trishelle does to (and she did). The bitter 'gamers are selfish people' rhetoric is so annoying when you're playing a reality competition show.

Kate was a waste of time. Sniping Sandra out and then literally giving up because you like the final 3 is bad TV and she even admits that this was just a free vacation.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I feel like there was nothing Kate could have done once she murdered Sheree (unless she had the option of not murdering?). You can deflect once and get someone out which happened with Sandra, but no one will vote to end the game at that point because if Sandra got banished and was faithful, you know that you still have a traitor in the midst, and CT and Trishelle are a duo so even if you could masterfully flip the next vote onto MJ, CT and Trishelle would still banish again until they were the final two.

It is going to cause an interesting shift in strategy in season 3 because now it becomes really important to find yourself a ride or die final 2 that you take to the end, and perhaps not out traitors, but use them to break up the other groups and only get rid of them later in the game to limit the amount of possible new recruits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Shneak posted:

I was expecting to hate the ending to this season but I'm pretty okay with it. MJ getting eliminated was hilariously cold but it's entirely on her—CT basically said he's voting her out, so vote him just in case Trishelle does to (and she did). The bitter 'gamers are selfish people' rhetoric is so annoying when you're playing a reality competition show.

Kate was a waste of time. Sniping Sandra out and then literally giving up because you like the final 3 is bad TV and she even admits that this was just a free vacation.

To be fair Kate was basically a last minute replacement for that guy who got too emotional and left on like night 3 and then got saddled with Phaedra who had no plan at that point beyond just roping someone in. She didn't play well or make any good decisions, but I don't know really what anyone else would have done in the same boat (probably not make that remark to Phaedra at the roundtable).

Its been sad that Trishelle is now basically getting the "She's racist and transphobic and didn't deserve to win" treatment. As someone who saw her on The Challenge yes she's had some, uh, moments on that show regarding minorities and she didn't come out of it looking good. But it's also like 20 years ago now so I don't know if she still feels that way. There's a clip of her supposed calling someone the N word on the show but she's clearly calling them a "motherfucker" and the other person involved also said that while Trishelle did say some questionable things to them she never used any slurs. Even so it didn't really seem as though that attitude slipped into the show.

Peppermint went because someone has to go Night 1. And they were also stupid enough to call themselves the Traitor like twice. AND everyone else also voted for them. People have been voted out for a lot less than that.