Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They were always gonna add Kate I’m pretty sure.

I also even think the safety chain was a pre-planned twist because otherwise they could’ve just done the ultimatum that episode. But recruitments and ultimatums are totally built in to keep the traitors going on through the end of the episode order. So I guess that’s producer intervention but it’s also a mechanism everyone knows about going in.

One strategy is to just not banish the most obvious traitor to avoid them getting replaced by a harder to peg new recruit. Instead you take longer shots, and they maybe could’ve even kept Phaedra for later if not for her having a lot of friends backing her up to where the window or opportunity for that shot could close. I feel like Sandra and John screwed up by not voting Phaedra. It’ll get harder and harder to get the numbers for it, and to avoid murder if you’re not one of her bravo buddies. Parv wasn’t targeting them but now they’re gonna be in danger for the next murders, however many are left anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

one funny thing is that I looked up John Bercow and apparently his political career got blown up due to him bullying staff and being abusive. Kind of shocking after seeing his persona as sweet old man here

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Imagine Survivor ending right in the middle of Jeff reading the votes. It's bullshit man

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

it's total binge poo poo to keep you streaming into the next episode but they're releasing weekly so it just sucks! and AND it's episode 8 or something people are already in it now. knock it off!

Anyway I could see it going either way but we saw a lot of setup for MJ voting Phaedra, although possibly just to build the cliffhanger suspense. I wonder if certain people are set on never voting Peter or never voting Phaedra, or if one of them turns up faithful after this vote if they'd all pretty much relent and just vote the other after.

Would be so funny to get a Kate traitor win after all this. Joins the show late, joins the traitors at the last possible moment... wins??

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

im going to say MJ does banish Phaedra. Sandra blew them off and was like "I'll listen at the round table see ya then" but MJ made a big deal about being willing to do it and then there were a lot of shots of her listening to the frankly very strong case against Phaedra, stronger than the ones even on Dan and Parvati. Also honestly Peter's defense of himself was really strong.

If people think clearly enough the faithful should have this in the bag. If Peter survives here, we know he's faithful for sure, John is considered the "faithful of the faithful," Trishelle and CT will have very strong faithful bona fides. The traitors can't kill all these people and they won't banish each other. They might banish Sandra after they get Phaedra though. If they do banish Peter instead at the current round table, i think they'll still have numbers to all turn on Phaedra next vote (only Sherea and Kate would probably resist at that point) and probably can still win. Kate isn't exposed per se but a lot of the faithful are semi-confirmed.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I thought MJ might actually vote out Phaedra the first time, but I was right that if they wrongly banished Pete they’d all turn on Phaedra once he revealed he was faithful.

Faithful continue to have this on lock… only 1 traitor left and it’s clearly Sandra or Kate. One goes, then the other!

I think Sandra actually gets banished next. In a way, she’s done well to avoid being killed by sticking close to the traitors until the last second, but that opens her up to a banishing. We saw CT and Trishelle had Sandra as their next target already and Kate helped get the ball rolling this ep. Not sure if Kate gets one more kill? But CT and Trishelle have been positioned as the heroes for awhile, wonder if they could win by themselves to get more of the purse… idk, probably not

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

Not sure if Kate gets one more kill? But CT and Trishelle have been positioned as the heroes for awhile, wonder if they could win by themselves to get more of the purse… idk, probably not
Okay, so Sheree is killed, then they banish Sandra, whoops, banish Kate, and now the f3 faithful are MJ, Trishelle, CT. Kill MJ for more of the pot or just to be sure. I see the path.

I will say, semi-live posting, killing Phaedra’s best friend immediately after calling Phaedra selfish… that says something.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

-Kate throwing green at the fire of truth after someone just got killed, umm
-Trishelle blew my mind voting CT at first although I get the reasoning
-so close to an MJ win if her random vote went on CT instead of Trishelle
-How did MJ not change her vote to CT after that? Pretty dumb to repeat the Trishelle vote when CT was openly refusing to budge and Trishelle had just voted CT… although it didn’t end up mattering

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I feel like a lot of viewers don’t give enough credence to the fact that even though we know they’re all faithful, they don’t know that, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to know 100% about anyone except yourself. That’s how the faithful lost the first season, by trusting someone they were tight with and ending the game too early. Case in point, Trishelle and CT said a lot of times, “you’re the only one I trust” but at the end Trishelle didn’t even trust CT! Even though they definitely had said stuff to the effect of I can only trust you (which means you could say they “planned” this), that doesn’t mean they planned it out of greed, but out of safety. And then you really can’t say they screwed MJ when she literally could have won by voting CT. There’s no WAY that was a ploy to not look greedy when it left CT a hair away from being eliminated, why would you ever do that, what for? Lots of people ignoring pretty obvious stuff to get mad I think

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Yeah based on exit interviews from Trishelle and CT it just sounds like MJ really really blew it. Sandra told Trishelle that Phaedra was Sandra’s “traitor angel” and that CT was hers. So then Trishelle is thinking of all the times she probably should’ve been murdered and wasn’t, looks at CT changing gears to vote out Sandra before Kate, CT letting her have a shield in the tunnel instead of taking it himself…

apparently Trishelle was floating CT’s name at the bar before the fire of truth and told MJ that MJ was the only one she fully trusted. So MJ just totally blew it voting Trishelle and had the win right there for the taking. Trishelle then saw on CT’s face he was innocent and they wanted to throw the bags again but weren’t allowed so then they just took MJ out. CT I’m pretty sure just always wanted to take it to the end with Trishelle but there really shouldn’t be a lot of controversy for this ending! (If you look on Twitter everyone is hating on CT and Trishelle for not “just admitting” they were grabbing the money)

CT did think Sandra was a traitor but people have gamed it out and think if they banished Kate first, Sandra would’ve led a banishment on CT next, and after that it’s likely Sandra wins, probably taking out a few others before the end too.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 9, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If I was Phaedra I would probably still be salty at Dan I think. Was it a game move? Yes. Was it a completely hopeless game move that single-handedly sank her game? Also yes, and I’d be pretty annoyed about that even as a gamer!

He clearly had a strategy: be super quiet but promise your shot will hit when you take it, then feed the crowd a traitor when they get too antsy. I don’t think it’s even a good strategy if the shot does land. Because then it’s like how the hell did this guy know that and how was he so sure and why did he come out with this exactly when he needed it? You’re eating your own and still are very suspicious!

But you’re never even going to get that far because either you give them someone like Parvati who they basically knew already so who cares, or your shot is going to fail, exactly like it did, because if everyone thinks it’s you they’re never gonna buy your sudden push in a third direction.

You really need 2 traitors going into the fire of truth because they’re going to need to catch one before they ever green bag it, or you need to be so secure you have a path to f2.