Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It'd be a nice house if you stripped out essentially every single ounce of decorations, including the topless bar carvings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

does the house come with his unorganized hoarder collection of videogame consoles

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

What does he have to do with video games? He's just some scamming weirdo with a weird house.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Azubah posted:

What does he have to do with video games? He's just some scamming weirdo with a weird house.

he started his career as the composer of the Cool Spot soundtrack

He's actually credited on Music & FX in quite a few games of the 16-bit era and later

He's credited at Music & FX in MDK lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

super sweet best pal posted:

Guy on G4 who gave bad reviews to good games.

This is where I know him from. He seemed cool back then, but I was also just a dumb teenager at the time so I wouldn’t have known.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Given recent things uncovered about him, I don't believe he did any of the games stuff.

Still a weirdo house.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

He is forever on my poo poo list for tarnishing the name of Intellivision, which was my first game console.

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024
I feel like historians/ archaeologists would be fascinated with rooms like the Spiderman den a thousand years from now. Literally the same way we come across ancient Greek temples these days.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
It IS vitally important though to know that HBomberGuy's research into Tommy Tallarico has proven that his most tangible claims to fame, being Guinness records and being featured on MTV's Cribs, are both either complete lies (he was on a show that was basically a Great Value version of MTV's Cribs for some random awards show) or stretched so far beyond plausibility that the truth does not matter (his Guinness awards are for things that, if they happened, were 1/100th as cool as claimed)

He is basically a huge piece of poo poo and I am so glad that I called this out (and everybody clapped) 20 years ago when InXile made a big deal of him doing the music for the 2004 Bard's Tale and I was like "if he is a PC gaming music legend you would think I, someone who has played hundreds bordering thousands of PC games, would have heard of him before today"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a video from HBomberGuy on Tommy Tallarico?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

he should go into hiding and get plastic surgery and turn into a professional impersonator of his cousin

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
That attic is where you play soccer and poo poo in the house. I kind of like the Spider-Man room

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
his mother is very proud... of his home equity.

and that's all

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
If we all chip in we could afford to buy it and live there together :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dr. Quarex posted:

It IS vitally important though to know that HBomberGuy's research into Tommy Tallarico has proven that his most tangible claims to fame, being Guinness records and being featured on MTV's Cribs, are both either complete lies (he was on a show that was basically a Great Value version of MTV's Cribs for some random awards show) or stretched so far beyond plausibility that the truth does not matter (his Guinness awards are for things that, if they happened, were 1/100th as cool as claimed)

He is basically a huge piece of poo poo and I am so glad that I called this out (and everybody clapped) 20 years ago when InXile made a big deal of him doing the music for the 2004 Bard's Tale and I was like "if he is a PC gaming music legend you would think I, someone who has played hundreds bordering thousands of PC games, would have heard of him before today"

Bard's Tale 2004 could've used more songs, so I place the blame for that squarely on him. Otherwise it's a real funny game (Tony Jay and Cary Elwes are great).

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Seemingly everything Tommy has ever been credited with is piece by piece turning out to have been underhanded falsifications. The Earthworm Jim 1+2 soundtracks were actually ghostwritten by Tony Bernetich, Mark Miller, and Christophe Beck. At this point I'm not sure if Tommy is even directly responsible for mixing those compositions down to work on 16-bit consoles, he probably got someone else to do that as well!!!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I said come in! posted:

Yeah maybe

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Seemingly everything Tommy has ever been credited with is piece by piece turning out to have been underhanded falsifications. The Earthworm Jim 1+2 soundtracks were actually ghostwritten by Tony Bernetich, Mark Miller, and Christophe Beck. At this point I'm not sure if Tommy is even directly responsible for mixing those compositions down to work on 16-bit consoles, he probably got someone else to do that as well!!!

Oof.

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023

Discendo Vox posted:

It'd be a nice house if you stripped out essentially every single ounce of decorations, including the topless bar carvings.

This house has the vibes of "I have a ton money and I just need to buy stuff, lots and lots of stuff"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
This is the white power rangers house?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

500excf type r posted:

No it's the house they used in the movie Black Sheep starring Chris Farley and David Spade

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Smugworth posted:

No it's the house they used in the movie Black Sheep starring Chris Farley and David Spade

is the pudding filled pants still in it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay so i've seen the video now, and :eyepop: is this guys entire life a lie? I honestly knew very little other than the Intellivision Amico.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

I said come in! posted:

It was mostly the Roblox_Oof video if I recall correctly

Also

super sweet best pal posted:

Bard's Tale 2004 could've used more songs, so I place the blame for that squarely on him. Otherwise it's a real funny game (Tony Jay and Cary Elwes are great).
Agreed, I did really enjoy that game and what songs there were were good enough and very occasionally great, so Tommy probably did not write them

Dr. Quarex fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 17, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dr. Quarex posted:

It was mostly the Roblox_Oof video if I recall correctly

That is why I couldn't find it right away. I'm just stupid, and have seen the video now and its completely insane. I wasn't really familiar with hbomberguy until the Plagiarism and You(Tube) video, which is an amazing watch.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
No matter how much you clean it you’ll never get the Italian out

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

500excf type r posted:

The white-power ranger

SayHelloToParsley
Jan 14, 2018

With all the dolphin stuff in that house, I now believe Tommy is a person who wants to or has had sex with a dolphin.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

500excf type r posted:

Likely more of a white powder ranger judging by his house.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

SayHelloToParsley posted:

With all the dolphin stuff in that house, I now believe Tommy is a person who wants to or has had sex with a dolphin.

No it’s about how he helped develop the GameCube with Miyamoto-San.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fartington Butts posted:

No it’s about how he helped develop the GameCube with Miyamoto-San.

That is one of the craziest ones in my opinion, that he claims to have done all of the music and sound design on Metroid Prime 1 & 2, and worked very closely right next to Miyamoto. When in reality his company did a very small amount of work and then Nintendo went with someone else for a 3rd party to help with the music and sound design. And this was only on Metroid Prime 1.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

I said come in! posted:

That is why I couldn't find it right away. I'm just stupid,

Nah, that's exactly why I said that it needed a better title. And if Tommy gets pinched for fraud, I hope HBG considers doing so because it's a good video and the media will probably mine it for info/coverage/whatever else and he deserves the credit for documenting it all.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Tommy is the most hilarious video game music fraudster trailed only by the guy who did the resident evil dual shock edition music.

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Ryoga posted:

Tommy is the most hilarious video game music fraudster trailed only by the guy who did the resident evil dual shock edition music.

The funniest thing is that he is a successful person but his ego completely overshadowed and destroyed that.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

has he ever claimed to have written any Aerosmith songs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

That would be hilarious, but I think even he is smart enough to know he would never get away with it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

MrQwerty posted:

Why would anyone claim credit for Aerosmith songs

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Why would anyone claim credit for Aerosmith songs

His cousin probably made more money off Don't Want to Miss a Thing than he's made in his entire life

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I would like to poo poo and piss in Tommy Tallarico's magician-themed bathroom, just once in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

caedwalla posted:

I would like to poo poo and piss in Tommy Tallarico's magician-themed bathroom, just once in my life.

schedule a viewing