Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
You think trolling is your ally? You merely (etc etc...)

When the nurses smacked my newborn rear end, I was like "lol mad???"

I was screaming "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" outside JK Rowlings house. Before she wrote the books!

I am at this moment handcrafting countless large sweatshirts for frumpy middle aged women, depicting minions saying "live laugh love" and you better loving believe Garfield and snoopy are on there.

I fuckin...

I motherfuckin went back in time and invented money.

Automated customer service? Erectile dysfunction? Nancy Pelosi? Gaze upon my works and despair.

Sound off how bad ya been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pity reply.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

this really puts a lot into perspective. thanks Bula Vinaka.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

The best troll I’ve ever seen convinced a bunch of idiots to pay $10 to post on the internet, then one bigger idiot bought that business from him

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Reported OP for stealing LAP's post

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

*whispering in studio executives ear* Bet that avatar cartoon would make oodles of money adapted to film. Yknow what? Dark Tower too!

Will you ever see me at night tho?
Tiltin your coffee filter just so
So the bean juice will be free to flow
From your kitchen counter to the flo'

BRJurgis fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 17, 2024

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Smugworth posted:

Reported OP for stealing LAP's post

u mad?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

:dogout:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

BRJurgis posted:

You think trolling is your ally? You merely (etc etc...)

When the nurses smacked my newborn rear end, I was like "lol mad???"

I was screaming "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" outside JK Rowlings house. Before she wrote the books!

I am at this moment handcrafting countless large sweatshirts for frumpy middle aged women, depicting minions saying "live laugh love" and you better loving believe Garfield and snoopy are on there.

I fuckin...

I motherfuckin went back in time and invented money.

Automated customer service? Erectile dysfunction? Nancy Pelosi? Gaze upon my works and despair.

Sound off how bad ya been

what?

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
I caught a 16" rainbow trout while trolling last summer.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

in the same vein

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this, tbh

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i once made a nerd poo poo his pants

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

I removed all the footage of Tom Bombadil from the game of thrones movies. They shot it and it was awesome.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
trolling is business

and business is good :twisted:

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Junk posted:

howd you get them to eat their pants in the first place? :troll:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Junk posted:

You shouldn’t bully yourself op

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
Troll Credentials is a good name for a D&D character imho

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

What did trolls do before people built bridges?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

redshirt posted:

What did trolls do before people built bridges?

why don't you tell us grandpa

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

That guy Giles Corey or w.e from the crucible was a real one. "More weight." Posted through his own crushing execution.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I would never troll. Trolling is a form of deception and is therefore against god

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
I am wearing a wig that makes me look kinda like Noel Fielding.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I haven’t trolled since I was PLO Pete in the Israel IRC chat room in 1995.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

BRJurgis posted:

That guy Giles Corey or w.e from the crucible was a real one. "More weight." Posted through his own crushing execution.

:lol:ing while the rest of the village rolls their eyes and slowly crush you to death is sort of the epitome of trolling.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

R.L. Stine posted:

why don't you tell us grandpa

I wonder who built the first bridge? Maybe with troll assistance.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
As I am fastidious about making people aware, I'm pretty dumb, but considering that aqueducts are an advanced form of bridge, the Minoans seem to have used them, around 4000 years ago, we've been around twice as long as christ.
E: I don't think I call it trolling anymore, just education via metaphysical cruelty.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
They shouldn't call it trolling. Name the practice after the most deceptive fantasy race: call it Humanning.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I used to post on a music forum that used html and I figured out I could embed links to MIDI files in my posts so everyone reading that page would hear music, sometimes multiple songs at once, but couldn’t tell where it was coming from. It was super annoying and pissed everyone off. I don’t know poo poo about coding and I was amazed that it worked.

On that same forum if someone was being an rear end in a top hat I would make a new account with their same screen name but with one character different in a way that was hard to tell like an extra space before the name and start posting heartfelt apologies as them. They would then have to come back and angrily deny having a change of heart.

Ralph Hurley fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 18, 2024

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

Ralph Hurley posted:

I used to post on a music forum that used html and I figured out I could embed links to MIDI files in my posts

i posted on some game forum that allowed html in sigs so i made mine include css that filled the entire page red and made it unusable

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Get somebody's attention and have them approach you. Ask them their name. Then turn around and leave before giving yours or shaking their hand.

Correct people in inane ways when they make simple, observably true statements.
A. "Did the cat get fed?"
B. "Yeah, he just fed the cat."
A. "No, actually I saw him feed the cat this morning".

A. "What time is it?"
B. "Twenty of."
A. "Nah, its ten of." *points at watch that reads 42 minutes past* "See, quarter of, that's what I meant."

That hapless idiot getting owned in those examples? None other than the poster you see before you. Just goes to show its a troll eat troll world.

Ralph Hurley posted:

On that same forum if someone was being an rear end in a top hat I would make a new account with their same screen name but with one character different in a way that was hard to tell like an extra space before the name and start posting heartfelt apologies as them. They would then have to come back and angrily deny having a change of heart.

That's actually inspired.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

It was especially great when the rear end in a top hat was in a different time zone so they would log out at the end of their day of being a dick to everyone. Then I would come on as them that night being all apologetic and other posters would fall for it too and be accepting and forgiving. Then the next morning the rear end in a top hat would log on again, furious that they had been perceived as thoughtful for a few hours.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Voted 1

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Ralph Hurley posted:

furious that they had been perceived as thoughtful for a few hours.

fascinating

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

There was a free online pictionary type game. No matter the prompt i would draw someone making GBS threads.

Truly a golden era.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

A ranking government official got in hot water about a decade ago for blocking constituents on twitter, and a hateful tweet I made towards them was used as evidence why they should be able to block people lol

Chief McHeath fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 18, 2024

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

I used to post on a music forum that used html and I figured out I could embed links to MIDI files in my posts so everyone reading that page would hear music, sometimes multiple songs at once, but couldn’t tell where it was coming from. It was super annoying and pissed everyone off. I don’t know poo poo about coding and I was amazed that it worked.

harmony central i hope

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

Ralph Hurley posted:

This is good trolling. Why aren’t trolls like this anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Internet Old One posted:

This is good trolling. Why aren’t trolls like this anymore?

Nobody wants to troll anymore.

Back in my day we had to post uphill through any number of AOL chat rooms.