Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

databasic
Jan 8, 2024
expected more energy like this itt tbh but i have not given up hope

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I don't talk about the trolling I have done offsite because it made it to the gutter press in this country, so uh.
let's just say facebook's changed a great deal.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

staberind posted:

I don't talk about the trolling I have done offsite because it made it to the gutter press in this country, so uh.
let's just say facebook's changed a great deal.

I hope you are well now

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...

databasic posted:

expected more energy like this itt tbh but i have not given up hope

I'm so devilishly trollish I stole the idea for the thread from this cartoon.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I assume the first bridges were accidents, logs across streams. After many generations someone figures out to cut a tree down on purpose beside a stream, and voila, the first bridge. And thus stirred, the first bridge troll.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

redshirt posted:

I assume the first bridges were accidents, logs across streams. After many generations someone figures out to cut a tree down on purpose beside a stream, and voila, the first bridge. And thus stirred, the first bridge troll.

you're one troll late - the first bridge was built out of spite

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i was trolled one time. when i was new on the internet at like 12 i posted on an invader zim message board. there was a mod named Sedge and when they were gonna ban someone people would say stuff like 'lookout here comes the sedgehammer.' i thought people didnt know that it was actually called a sledgegammer and i tried to correct a few people but they wouldnt relent, trying to convince me that it was actually called a sedgehammer. people are hosed in the head. the internet is lawless.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

flubber nuts posted:

i was trolled one time. when i was new on the internet at like 12 i posted on an invader zim message board. there was a mod named Sedge and when they were gonna ban someone people would say stuff like 'lookout here comes the sedgehammer.' i thought people didnt know that it was actually called a sledgegammer and i tried to correct a few people but they wouldnt relent, trying to convince me that it was actually called a sedgehammer. people are hosed in the head. the internet is lawless.

bad news, they were right: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedgehammer

im not sure why you thought this was a good idea to post

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

When I played Lord of the Rings Online in 2008 I would tell Global chat that the movies were better than the books or ask what level did I have to be to get to Hogwarts before I logged off for the night.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
In Jedi Knight I would Force Run into the walls until I died over and over until my 1v1 saber battle opponent had enough.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The Bramble posted:

When I played Lord of the Rings Online in 2008 I would tell Global chat that the movies were better than the books or ask what level did I have to be to get to Hogwarts before I logged off for the night.

the movies are better than the books

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Worf posted:

wtf. idea?? not sure what youre getting at here but ok.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Sorry OP I'm no good at this stuff, I have people who love me :(

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

flubber nuts posted:

wtf. idea?? not sure what youre getting at here but ok.

calm down its not that big a deal

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Invader Zim message board bullies coming out in force smdh

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Worf posted:

calm down its not that big a deal

lol

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/n1w5QqR.mp4

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Worf posted:

that's Sandea, you fool

why did you think *this* was a good idea to post, you got shrubbery for brains or something?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
This message was deleted by a GameFAQs moderator

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

BRJurgis posted:

I'm so devilishly trollish I stole the idea for the thread from this cartoon.

this was a good idea :haibrow:

databasic
Jan 8, 2024

flubber nuts posted:

when i was like 12 and playing The Sims and in general Yahoo chat, somebody told me i could save the game with Alt+F4 and I didn’t do it because I didn’t believe them and valued my simoleons more than my personal time but later in life i started clicking email links willy nilly with no antivirus or firewall

Long story short, where is the line between trolling and actual cybercrime

Is it Rick Astley. Is he literally the line between lighthearted fun and prison.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
samefaced a whole-page spread on the back of high school newspaper. it went to press that way

timefly
Apr 29, 2008

Poohs Packin posted:

There was a free online pictionary type game. No matter the prompt i would draw someone making GBS threads.

Truly a golden era.

I used to draw 9/11 so people would be guessing for a long time until I got to the planes and explosions. At that point everyone would get very mad and I would get booted from the game. lol

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

databasic posted:

when i was like 12 and playing The Sims and in general Yahoo chat, somebody told me i could save the game with Alt+F4 and I didn’t do it because I didn’t believe them and valued my simoleons more than my personal time but later in life i started clicking email links willy nilly with no antivirus or firewall

Long story short, where is the line between trolling and actual cybercrime

Is it Rick Astley. Is he literally the line between lighthearted fun and prison.

It's all just trolling until somebody commits suicide or somebody loses a significant sum of money.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

redshirt posted:

I get it. Does traffic create trolls or so trolls create traffic?

Does anybody here know Elon Musk? I'm ready to sell out.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
More trolls around here than a Norwegian gift shop.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I frequently commit suicide when someone tells me to hit alt f4

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
I framed a gretsky pic with an inspirational quote and its still hanging in the mental health unit

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Wendigee posted:

I frequently commit suicide when someone tells me to hit alt f4

Why is this post tied to a stick propping up a box?

Oh wait I get it, brilliant.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Smugworth posted:

Reported OP for stealing LAP's post

Cold, homie.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

:gas:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
that thing where someone says something retarded so you agree with their idiot point of view and drive it to its logical extremes, thus enabling them to recognize their own buffoonery

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

that thing where someone says something retarded so you agree with their idiot point of view and drive it to its logical extremes, thus enabling them to recognize their own buffoonery

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I extremely agree

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

My coworker insists on trying to convince me of the existence of (his, Christian) God. And its like ICP and Thomas Aquinas are smoking Salvia while playing with magnets

"How else can you explain (literally anything)? God!"

He also believes in aliens. And also God made us in his image, but he also made aliens too for laughs I guess.

His faith is too strong, his beliefs too hysterical. He's sapping my vital troll essence. Requesting an omega level troll to my worksite to counter him. Is this a service anybody offers?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

lol human resources is an omega level troll

these proselytizers never deny their poo poo when they should anyway

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ultimately, whatever happens to him was god's will anyways, right?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

quote:

We’re researching the psyche of online trolls. Trying to identify personality traits (other than lack of intelligence) that lead a person to take time out of their day to post insults, rather than considering that the post might just come from a different point of view that the troll could learn from if they thought outside the box instead of resorting to insults. Or maybe the post is trying to highlight an issue to provoke an intelligent debate that the troll doesn’t have the intellectual capacity to engage with and so resorting to insults is an easier, albeit not particularly productive, way of doing this.

Would you be interested in participating?

I received this in my dm's on Instagram yesterday. I must've really rustled this woman's jimmies somehow, since this reads like she googled 'how do i be mean to someone on the internet' just to own me.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i will alter my rating