Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the Featherweight champion at the beginning of 2025?
This poll is closed.
Still Alexander Volkanovski 3 27.27%
Ilia Topuria, the new generation 3 27.27%
Sean O'Malley, because weight classes don't matter 0 0%
Frankie Edgar, motherfuckers 5 45.45%
Total: 11 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A muscle golem with an iron chin, hands of stone and about 2 minutes of gas will always have a place in my heart.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I ate all my snacks already and now I have no snacks for the main card and I can't go buy more cause then I'll be a fatty.

The eternal struggle.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Awwww thats so sweet. A sorry I knocked your dad into the shadow realm present.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Goddamn. That Barlow fella carries his power well. Quinlan is tough but his face looks like hamburger.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That was absolutely gorgeous.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Anaheim, you deserve everything bad that has ever happened to you.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like that De Lima seems to be a dark souls random npc. Looks like he's in some loop of movement and then just explodes with ferocity. I hope Tafa can put him out though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

de Lima has negative fight iq.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If he didn't have a career this dumb you'd wonder if he was carrying for a round.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Devoz posted:

How was Tafa ranked in Glory? He seems baffled by the idea of going southpaw.

He hits loving hard and has an iron chin. At HW that makes you a contender.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I still find Mackenzie Dern extremely annoying.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Is Dern the one who kept changing accents and claimed nationalities or was that a different underwhelming fighter they desperately want to be a contender?

No that's Dern.

She was born in Arizona, lives in California and has spent the overwhelming majority of her life in the US but her father was brazilian and took her to brazil a few times as a kid and teenager and she's bilingual and speaks Portuguese at home, but despite being as american as it gets she has the brazillian flag on her graphic and puts on a fake weird accent for some interviews.

To be fair. Her accent is about as consistent as her octagon performances, has its highs and lows but it's usually ugly to watch.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

this fight is fun, gently caress the dern haters

but also how do you get into the top 10 if you let your legs get chewed up like that in 90s

It's WMMA there's about 4 proficient fighters across 3 divisions.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He's probably a top 10 combat sports athlete all time and I'll always love watching him fight. I quite enjoy his fight analysis too when hes not being a troll.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Geoff Neal always looked apologetic. Resting apology face.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like that Tony Ferguson dresses like he's wearing a dominic toretto costume

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hollandia posted:

Any time I see Rob Whittaker I have a big sigh and get anxious for him. I know he's an elite fighter and can hang with the best of them but it just feels like I've seen him get clipped too much now.

It's always so hard to get a bead on because while he got starched by DdP he had a horrid training camp for that fight, and he apparently had other health issues before his first fight with Israel.

I do wonder about the miles on the tyres though because he's been in some wars.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rogan what the gently caress are you watching you moron? Whittaker is tagging Costa in the face and he goes "great body shots from Costa".

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Well we know Rob still has a chin on him cause goddamn.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think its probably 1 round apiece.

Rob needs to push the pace though. Costa will fade.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Surprised that Robs corner hasn't called for an uppercut because it's been there on the end of his combinations all day.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Should be 29 - 28 Whittaker.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Topuria's chest piece has some boomer there are two wolves inside you energy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Topuria looks despondent in the corner there. Maybe it's just his face but he didn't look good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus. That was a bomb

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

COPE 27 posted:

That was a sneaky hook though

Topuria has thrown it a few times and whiffed short because volk has been leaning back off the break.

Corralling and blitzing him against the fence and going back to it was smart strategy tbh.

That was pretty high iq from toporia.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

crepeface posted:

drat, did Islam break Volk's chin or does Topiary just hit that hard

Volk is probably back before I would have reccomended after the last KO but Topuria really does hit that hard.

He flat starches dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Apparently hill vs pereira for 300