Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Please don’t fight in the tailpipe loving thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Worf posted:

gRoW uP

No.

:boom:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

you just implied it because you erroneously believe i reply to the vast majority of your posts. you're just another gbs guy, i don't really care who im replying to

Yeah, again you’re going with this intentional miss framing of it. Have you considered just posting less maybe then maybe it’s just that your posting is terrible and bereft of comedy and that’s what I’m noticing.

I’m fully willing to accept that you punch your weight when it comes to being a drain on anything worth reading, and I simply noticed it more

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
*unlatches manual flip switch for EMERGENCY HORN

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Please don’t fight in the tailpipe loving thread

thinking you're being followed around is kinda on brand for an oversized truck guy tbh

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

thinking you're being followed around is kinda on brand for an oversized truck guy tbh

I don’t think you’re following me around, I completely believe that you spend enough time on this forum that you literally just do the same thing to everybody

But you’re going to continue framing this incorrectly because it makes you look like less of a loving loser, somehow, in your mind

Yeah, I get it I’m not special you literally exist as a forum person and post literally everywhere at everybody. Trust me, I believe you.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

God I love them little flip switchs. "Brights". "Extra Brights"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

redshirt posted:

flip switches rule. when we ripped out the center console of my rally car we replaced it with a dash of a bunch of old school relay toggled lights and flip switches. makes me feel like im starting up a fighter jet when im in the cockpit

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

redshirt posted:

I used to own an early 1970s f250 and the high beams were on a foot switch. It was tactile and satisfying to use. Too bad it didn't have a fat pair of truck nuts and a light bar.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

old, tactile buttons and switches are just better in general. its one of the best things about owning old cars

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

flip switches rule. when we ripped out the center console of my rally car we replaced it with a dash of a bunch of old school relay toggled lights and flip switches. makes me feel like im starting up a fighter jet when im in the cockpit

"Confirm rear spotlight"

*radio fuzz

"Rear spotlight confirmed"

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Worf posted:

gRoW uP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABqCvWK0D0k

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

matching his and hers truck nuts + dong and truck vulva that mate perfectly when we back our trucks together

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Gonna swerve outta the way of every speed bump in the parking lot in my lifted F-250, gently caress the time and safety of everyone else in the parking lot, can't risk my precious suspension. Them lil asphault bumps might even put some wear on my shiny, pristine offroad tires.

Why's it so common to own a truck that could go over a mountain and being terrified of a road bump? What the gently caress? What we've done to these trucks is as hosed up as what we've done to purebred dpgs.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

matching his and hers truck nuts + dong and truck vulva that mate perfectly when we back our trucks together

Eyeing the backup cam closely to watch it go in

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Eyeing the backup cam closely to watch it go in

Backing into your mom's tailpipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOQJ-JpEgKo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

numberoneposter posted:

if you drive a wrangler do you lose your jeep cred if you wave at a patriot?????

Yes and you have to throw one of your duck out the window

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol this

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
"But I need this big truck to tow my travel trailer!"

*meanwhile in Europe*

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
that trailer's small compared to the bus-sized trailers people haul around over here

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

¿Que transitas los cuhhs, si quema o no quema?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I forgot to buy gas

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd just tow a lifted gas truck

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Smugworth posted:

imagine going to the home store and loading up one of these with landscaping materials, then going home and hitting a few switches and just flinging everything all over your yard.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Convert the one on the right to solar panels and power your roving Mariachi band through the wasteland

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Malagooña

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

*scrapes side mirrors and tires against walls every time entering and exiting a parking ramp*

*bumps the clearance signs*

lemme pull the truck out of the parking spot so you can get in babe.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

dunno who mentioned early on "backs into every parking space" but since then I've started noticing it more and lmao it's true as hell

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my truck retained so much of it's value off the lot that when i rolled and destroyed it in the snow, the estimated replacement value was almost identical to what I paid and i got a new red one for no net $$$ lost

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

sure do love enlisting in the army

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Snow Cone Capone posted:

dunno who mentioned early on "backs into every parking space" but since then I've started noticing it more and lmao it's true as hell

This is so the bed can hang over into the sidewalk instead of blocking cars in the parking lot. Both are garbage options because the truck is stupid but it makes sense in that light.

sine730
Jun 4, 2023

*Drives Uber XL, is polite but doesn't force conversation*

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Smugworth posted:

Thats more like it

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

sine730 posted:

*Drives Uber XL, is polite but doesn't force conversation*

My wife and I got picked up in a big truck and it seemed pretty odd, but it was a great ride.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

sugar free jazz posted:

sure do love enlisting in the army

I'll have a crack at the EM-50

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Harry_Potato posted:

I'll have a crack at the EM-50

Do you need any sexy Slovaks?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

DicktheCat posted:

Gonna swerve outta the way of every speed bump in the parking lot in my lifted F-250, gently caress the time and safety of everyone else in the parking lot, can't risk my precious suspension. Them lil asphault bumps might even put some wear on my shiny, pristine offroad tires.

Why's it so common to own a truck that could go over a mountain and being terrified of a road bump? What the gently caress? What we've done to these trucks is as hosed up as what we've done to purebred dpgs.

Honest answer - Lifting a truck is generally done to fit larger tires, but it doesnt mean there is room for the larger tires to fully articulate. So the tires rub on the wheel well/suspension going over speed bumps, especially while turning. Its bad for the tires, bad for the wheel wells and suspension, and its loud AF inside the cab. Also it can physically jerk the driving wheel around if your setup is extra lovely, which is uncomfortable. If you get the "correct" lift then you wont have problems, but :lol: thats like 0.01% of giant trucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Ahhh pinche tu madre

Yo he olvidado comprar gasolina para mi carro grande