Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Grey Cat posted:

I get out of my Truck and I see you in the grocery store parking lot. You're giving me a look I don't like.
I ask what you're looking at while calling you a slur. You walk away shaking your head.
Heh, that's right, you better run!
I pull up my pants but my rear end and gut are still hanging way out.
Ah poo poo I forgot my chew and pistol.
I waddle back to my 20foot tall lifted truck. It's parked diagonally over 4 parking spaces, one of them is a handicap space.
Ah out of chew!
I grab some of the 3 week old chew out of the bottle in the cupholder and just toss that into my mouth instead. Still fresh!
I put my 45 magnum into it's concealed holder accidentally firing it.
I'm bleeding, it's bad... the world gets foggy as I fall 20 feet to the asphalt on my back.
The last thing I see is the smug look of that guy I called a slur.
I die.

Oh, so you live in the same town as me!

Also, I never put anything in the bed of the truck. I don't want to scuff up the bed liner.

Biggest thing I've ever hauled was three sacks of groceries, in the back seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
I put some mounting points in the bed of my truck so I can attach seats for my kids. They have seat belts, and are facing backwards, and are up near the cab so they won't get bugs in their face. The little one has a tough time climbing into the bed so I have to lift the little bugger up there. It's only 4 feet. Kid needs to learn pull-ups.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop
I never got the point of lift kits (besides being a type of compensation). The axle is still the same height. You can't 4-wheel and drive over bigger obstacles. You just raised the center of gravity making it more prone to rolling over. Put some monstrous tires on that if you want more clearance.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

Top Cop

Sarah Cenia posted:

i left the tailgate down for aerodynamics

In a college thermodynamics course this question came up and the professor was all, "Welp, anyone have a truck outside?" We got measuring tapes and went and measured the poo poo out of that truck. Length, width, weight, size of the tailgate, etc. Got the weight out of the owner's manual. The professor then made an entire lesson on the spot on how to build the proper equations for the aerodynamics and fuel economy, etc.

That was our homework, and of course everyone meets together in study groups to figure all this poo poo out. Probably 3 study groups and a couple of folks that worked it solo.

Next class we all presented our results and every group and person had come to the same conclusion. Up or down, it affects the fuel economy by about one millionth of a percent.

Fake edit: one group also studied how it affected the handling of the vehicle on the road. Either way, it didn't matter.