Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
*drives 4 hours to absolute middle of nowhere to go camping/drinking with friends*

*gets stuck*

friends say "this never would've happened if you had a Ford/Chevy/Dodge/Jeep/Toyota"

but never Nissan :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
'Yeah bro can't wait to hit Mammoth this weekend!'

*truck too wide for trail, brushes scrape pinstripes into paint*

'its fine i bought a truck to use it!'

*truck gets high centered on a rock'

'gently caress I shoulda got the locker'

*Subaru Forester blasts past at freeway speed, banging DMB, leaving a giant plume of weed smoke*

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Mudlark posted:

Getting repeatedly flashed by every oncoming car's high beams because they think mine are on but actually LED lighting is just an arms race to cause as much light pollution as possible and i have no control over this please stop hating me :smith:

you gotta lift the truck higher, get bigger tires, and tint the front windshield

then drive with your light bar on at all times because you cant see poo poo

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
*pulls into construction site in Honda CVCC*

Yeah I had to get a DD, it just wasn't worth driving a hundred miles each way in Bigfoot. I'll get a Harley once ~my wife~ stops nagging about bills

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Don’t forget the cat delete. Actually just get rid of the exhaust all together.

:hmmyes: straight pipes really open her up. Who loving cares if I set off every car alarm on the street?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Flavor Bear posted:

brb gad and skoal tun

grab me a suitcase of Currs wudjya? Wrestlin' is on tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

DicktheCat posted:

Gonna swerve outta the way of every speed bump in the parking lot in my lifted F-250, gently caress the time and safety of everyone else in the parking lot, can't risk my precious suspension. Them lil asphault bumps might even put some wear on my shiny, pristine offroad tires.

Why's it so common to own a truck that could go over a mountain and being terrified of a road bump? What the gently caress? What we've done to these trucks is as hosed up as what we've done to purebred dpgs.

Honest answer - Lifting a truck is generally done to fit larger tires, but it doesnt mean there is room for the larger tires to fully articulate. So the tires rub on the wheel well/suspension going over speed bumps, especially while turning. Its bad for the tires, bad for the wheel wells and suspension, and its loud AF inside the cab. Also it can physically jerk the driving wheel around if your setup is extra lovely, which is uncomfortable. If you get the "correct" lift then you wont have problems, but :lol: thats like 0.01% of giant trucks