Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Knightsoul posted:

I would like to join your game.
By the way, where the goons organise infernum games? can't find any discord link in this thread.

Check out the mapgoons discord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

DamnitGannet posted:

Anyone interested in hosting a game or playing one I host? I was supposed to play with a group of friends but they keep flaking and I'm getting antsy, I just want to play some hell games!

Down to join another goon game!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Yes please start and post new games here I will join them. I have 4 game running right now, this game is great for working from home.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Did anyone else just have all the asynchronous games they were playing disappear? I had a couple I was participating in, and they all had just vanished from my active games slots.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Did anyone else just have all the asynchronous games they were playing disappear? I had a couple I was participating in, and they all had just vanished from my active games slots.

Just checked and yeah all my async games are gone.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

There's an issue with one of their service providers, from thier discord

quote:

Regarding current multiplayer issues:

Looks like an outage with one of our service providers. This would effect authentication (account login) as well as just generally being able to communicate with and push/pull info to the server.
Your games themselves are fine, your game client will just be unable to see them until this gets resolved.

They are currently investigation the outage, it's cited as high API failures. So there may be sporadic instances where things are able to make it through, but you might just need to hold tight until it's resolved on their end.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Fixed now

quote:

Hi! We should be all online and good to go again.

All async timers have been reset (though, in some cases, some async games may have processed a turn if they expired before the servers were pulled). It's also unfortunately unlikely that sessional games would be saved.

We're monitoring from now for any ongoing issues, so let us know if you see anything unusual!

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Okay I started a 4 player game, code is 542261

Knightsoul
Dec 19, 2008

DamnitGannet posted:

Okay I started a 4 player game, code is 542261

I joined your game as Meat Magician.
I would have preferred a 6 players game, but 4 will be fine too.
I already hear the Hell's Bells. :regd10:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Apologies to the other players in the 2 games I'm in, due to unexpected family circumstances I'm now 1000km away from my computer and will miss at least one, probably at least two turns. I don't think I'm particularly central to either so hopefully won't damage the game quality that much.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
A friend gathered a group of 5 of us to start playing this and it’s refreshing and fun to have a group of people chatting about stumbling our way through a new game.

Learned the hard way last night that Places of Power heal by 1 at the end of each turn. Whoops! Totally messed up my calculations.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Missing a turn really messed me up in one game (going to get double teamed by Mammon and Beelz), the other didn't go so badly. I think Lillith bit off a bit more than they could chew in that one.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

distortion park posted:

Missing a turn really messed me up in one game (going to get double teamed by Mammon and Beelz), the other didn't go so badly. I think Lillith bit off a bit more than they could chew in that one.

Yeah I hope they add at least some basic missed turn options like "autospend resources to maintain titans/rituals" and "spend all empty order slots gathering tribute." Make em toggles if necessary but late game a single missed turn can easily cost you the game.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Fun Goon game, I got a ridiculously lucky start as Beelzebub and had control of 4 PoP surrounding my stronghold. Ended up taking Pandemonium on turn ~40 and Belial used a ritual to take control of my Gorgon which they then proceeded to teleport to a canton right next to my stronghold on the final turn in which I won. One more turn and I would have been defeated by the Gorgon, tight finish!

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post

Popete posted:

Fun Goon game, I got a ridiculously lucky start as Beelzebub and had control of 4 PoP surrounding my stronghold. Ended up taking Pandemonium on turn ~40 and Belial used a ritual to take control of my Gorgon which they then proceeded to teleport to a canton right next to my stronghold on the final turn in which I won. One more turn and I would have been defeated by the Gorgon, tight finish!

Both the goon games I hosted just ended the same way, with someone taking Pandemonium and holding it easily. I think a big thing for me was being unclear how exactly you liberate Pandemonium? At first I thought you needed to attack and capture it yourself, but trying to do that threatened that I would be excommunicated as well. Then I thought you could just kill the besieging unit, but when I stole the Gorgon it didn't do anything. I figured at that point the only option was destroying your base and desperately tried to teleport in while buying whatever buffing artifacts I could, but was just a little too slow.

The other game I was Andromalus and that one was more of a heart breaker because I had such a big prestige lead going in to the endgame. I got Astaroth as a blood vassal after a really good war (he also had an absolutely dogshit starting position with no POPs nearby), and between the two of us we took control of all the cantons around Pandemonium. My plan was to have him avoid any wars that would give opponents the ability to move into his territory, and I would continue just relentlessly spamming demands/praetor duels like I had been the entire game. Then Mammon just waltzes an army right into Astaroth's territory and into Pandemonium? I know there's a ritual that gives you control of a canton but I didn't see it cast, does anyone know how this happened? Also someone (I assume mammon) closed the bazaar right as he attacked which was genius and absolutely hamstrung me: swimming in tribute but only one lame army.

Good games though, and thank you for playing everyone! I'll probably start up another in a day or two if the same folks are interested.

ClothHat fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 1, 2024

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You can retake Pandemonium and either claim it for yourself and hope to hold it or liberate it in which case I assume everything goes back to normal except the original usurper is still ex-communicated.

I do think taking Pandemonium is a bit too easy, it seems to be the most common way for the end game to go.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

ClothHat posted:

The other game I was Andromalus and that one was more of a heart breaker because I had such a big prestige lead going in to the endgame. I got Astaroth as a blood vassal after a really good war (he also had an absolutely dogshit starting position with no POPs nearby), and between the two of us we took control of all the cantons around Pandemonium. My plan was to have him avoid any wars that would give opponents the ability to move into his territory, and I would continue just relentlessly spamming demands/praetor duels like I had been the entire game. Then Mammon just waltzes an army right into Astaroth's territory and into Pandemonium? I know there's a ritual that gives you control of a canton but I didn't see it cast, does anyone know how this happened? Also someone (I assume mammon) closed the bazaar right as he attacked which was genius and absolutely hamstrung me: swimming in tribute but only one lame army.

I was Mammon in this game. There's a high level Wraith ritual that allows a unit to ignore terrain and diplomatic restrictions on movement so that how my titan got through. Normally you can't attack from it unless in vendetta obviously but Pando is neutral and so can be attacked even if I do it from a canton I don't control.

Also if the stronghold of the player who holds pando is taken, they are knocked out even if they hold pando. So the way to beat me was to ignore pando and beeline my stronghold, spamming rituals on the bad units I had defending my stronghold. If the Mururr player had done that he had a chance of beating me because I think his army of the dead could beat every legion I had.

In general when Pando is taken, all of the remaining players should be using the in-game messaging (assuming there's no out of game communication) to coordinate on beating the Pando taker.

pedro0930
Oct 15, 2012
Or the default game length is too long. Late game there is so much resources and capability getting generated there is too much uncertainty to leave Pandemonium uncontested.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

Zikan posted:

I was Mammon in this game. There's a high level Wraith ritual that allows a unit to ignore terrain and diplomatic restrictions on movement so that how my titan got through. Normally you can't attack from it unless in vendetta obviously but Pando is neutral and so can be attacked even if I do it from a canton I don't control.

Yeah we were wondering how you did that. It's a level 3 Wraith ritual called Tartarean Pathfinding: Ignore movement restrictions imposed by diplomacy and lava, ravine, and swamp.

I thought it was only for physical terrain, I totally overlooked the "diplomacy" part. :doh:

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Yeah with the current state of the game there's no point aiming for a score victory. My opinion is that the optimal way to play is small map, lots of pops, 30-40 turns. I'm not as keen to blame economy as the major issue as other folks but you do need to incentivize combat to get a more interesting game.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Eschatos posted:

Yeah with the current state of the game there's no point aiming for a score victory. My opinion is that the optimal way to play is small map, lots of pops, 30-40 turns. I'm not as keen to blame economy as the major issue as other folks but you do need to incentivize combat to get a more interesting game.

In the first game it was a lot harder to afford pimped out Titans to go storm Pandemonium with, its definitely the economy, particularly the order economy.

The issue is that if excommunication wins are the meta, then a lot of things just break. like there's literally no point to Schemes, for example. And the primary benefits from holding PoPs (prestige) is just a component of the economy-pumping strategy to go win Pandemonium, rather than prestige being the primary mechanic of the game.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"
Thematically, it seems like taking and holding Pandemonium should be a last ditch effort.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Wow. I won my first Solium Infernum game as Murmur. What a rush!

I attribute this win to heavily investing in my attributes in the midgame, then leveraging spells and plots in the end game.

My attributes were: 6 Destruction, 2 Wrath, 6 Prophecy (at the very end like turn 56), 5 Deceit, 6 Charisma (thanks to a +2 Charisma treatise).

I realized late in the end game (round 40 or so) that I could get prestige from like 4 different spells.

• Elocution III - gave me 5-7 prestige per demand, insult, or declaration and that really filled my prestige coffers because my opponents were commiting 3-5 diplomatic actions per turn.

• Expose Treason II - I expected Belial was going to continue casting Deceit rituals to steal artifacts and steal tribute so I put up Expose Treason II and got 7-9 prestige per time Belial tried to steal from me. Sometimes this procced twice a turn. Then Belial turned wise (I think) and started using Destruction magic instead.

• Procured Honor - I only had 2 Places of Power so I was getting from 2-6 prestige from this per turn. Now I made a mistake in the late game. I thought Procured Honor was Burnt Offering because they had the same art. Making this assumption for like three turns had me scratching my head wondering why my lead over Mammon was dwindling fast. Mammon was also casting Burnt Offering every turn in the end game.

• Burnt Offerings - I obtained 9-11 prestige per cast.

At turn 58 I had selected two schemes for casting a successful ritual and succesfully posing as another Archfiend. I managed to accomplish both schemes at turn 60 for a total of 50 prestige, which I think won me the game.

Oh and I had also used the event card Catastrophic Intel Failure at turn 55 or so to hide everyone's prestige values :devil:

I found out in the post game that Belial had used the Crown and chose Mammon as his proxy to win. He was very close.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Nice, cool to see an election victory. Do you know why no one went for Pan?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

What tool gives the ability to teleport anything from anywhere to anywhere? It kind of sucks when enemy has the ultimate mobility, like he can teleport a titan next to you from anywhere else. I'd like to avoid that in future.

Also found out wrath 6 gives you a ritual which increases all stats by 10 and move speed by 2. In one game erzebet has like a 23/23/23 monster with 5 move speed just running around murdering everyone.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Ihmemies posted:

What tool gives the ability to teleport anything from anywhere to anywhere? It kind of sucks when enemy has the ultimate mobility, like he can teleport a titan next to you from anywhere else. I'd like to avoid that in future.

Also found out wrath 6 gives you a ritual which increases all stats by 10 and move speed by 2. In one game erzebet has like a 23/23/23 monster with 5 move speed just running around murdering everyone.

One specific artefact. It's amazing and should be bought any time you see it in the bazaar.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Maybe I'm wasting my time by playing the single player content, but I'm trying to find the Devourer Statuettes in the Order of the Fly mission that you need to devour the City of Dis and they seem to have gone completely AWOL.

I think I killed an archfiend who had them, the only archfiend left is Belial (who I thought had them, but doesn't) and now I'm frantically purchasing artifacts in the hope that it pops up again in the rotation.

Has anyone else completed this particular mission?

AI still atrocious at this game even on the 'hardest' mission

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

bobvonunheil posted:

Maybe I'm wasting my time by playing the single player content, but I'm trying to find the Devourer Statuettes in the Order of the Fly mission that you need to devour the City of Dis and they seem to have gone completely AWOL.

I think I killed an archfiend who had them, the only archfiend left is Belial (who I thought had them, but doesn't) and now I'm frantically purchasing artifacts in the hope that it pops up again in the rotation.

Has anyone else completed this particular mission?

AI still atrocious at this game even on the 'hardest' mission

If you did kill the player who had it you're screwed, since artefacts in their vault are effectively removed from existence. I would suggest scrying everyone for artefacts before you start getting kills.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
If I Forged Orders an enemy unit into Pandemonium, who gets excommunicated?

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021
Forged Orders can't order an unit to attack Pandemonium, it's specifically blocked.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

distortion park posted:

Nice, cool to see an election victory. Do you know why no one went for Pan?

Good question! I think it boils down to me forgetting that invading Pan was a thing and getting wrapped up in the Prestige race.

Here is the territory around Pan (bottom left). As you can see it's mostly Murmur (me; purple) and Erzsebet (the dumb AI; pink) so there really wasn't an opportunity for the other three players to make a military move for Pan.

Incidently the Belial player said his Hail Mary :devil: move would be to mask as Murmur and nuke Pan with Destruction to try to get me excommunicated. Would that have worked?

New DLC incoming. Unveiling Belphegor. April 23rd.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2893270/Solium_Infernum__Belphegor_Paragon_of_Impiety/

quote:

The Belphegor Archfiend DLC Contains the following content;

New Archfiend model and throneroom
New Dark Art, including placeable Dark Pylon units
New Chronicle single-player story
New Personal Legion model and card
New Praetor model to lead them with

Also new Patch incoming.

from Discord posted:

And, even if you don’t purchase the DLC, we’re distributing out a patch containing..
A New Artifact 🎁
A New Legion ⚔️
2 New Praetors 🐘
2 New Manuscripts📜
A New Place of Power 🔶

You'll have each of these added to your infernal arsenal with this patch!

We've been listening to feedback and have made some significant improvements to the gameplay experience!
We've added AI Difficulty Levels + further AI improvements!
We've improved our tooltips and expanded out our encyclopedia!

Edit: More specific details: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1893810/view/4204747292701991787

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 10, 2024

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Helical Nightmares posted:

Incidently the Belial player said his Hail Mary :devil: move would be to mask as Murmur and nuke Pan with Destruction to try to get me excommunicated. Would that have worked?
It's decently likely to work, which means Prestige is mostly relevant for ranking up for economy rather than for winning right now. There's no way to prevent it short of killing everyone that has the requisite Powers or breaking their ritual table, and those Powers are not difficult to get by the election in a standard-length game. The mechanic is apparently getting rebalanced in the upcoming hotfix.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

cranky corvid posted:

It's decently likely to work, which means Prestige is mostly relevant for ranking up for economy rather than for winning right now. There's no way to prevent it short of killing everyone that has the requisite Powers or breaking their ritual table, and those Powers are not difficult to get by the election in a standard-length game. The mechanic is apparently getting rebalanced in the upcoming hotfix.

It's extremely likely to work with the default murmur build(destruction ring) at 8 strength. But there is a hotfix supposedly about to release to nerf pan framing.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
If I kill an unowned Place of Power with a ritual I’m assuming that doesn’t capture it for me? You probably have to actually move a Legion onto it, right?

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Yes, you can't kill POPs with powers.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Welp in one game Erzebet has been menacing me exclusively for last 50 turns. She doesn't even live nearby!

She got her legion upgraded to Infernal Juggernaut with level 6 wrath. I did not know such a skill even existed. It just slayed my Gorgon, Dark stalkers, I lost both my praetors in even duels etc... sigh. I have nothing, except I managed to raise my Prophecy to 6 and stole Erzebet's altar. At least that Juggernaut won't be rampaging around anymore.

Is there any way to stop the Demonic Interference ritual? Like a chance roll it resists every turn or something? Or am I set as long as I cast it successfully once and pay the upkeep? :v:

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Ihmemies posted:

Welp in one game Erzebet has been menacing me exclusively for last 50 turns. She doesn't even live nearby!

She got her legion upgraded to Infernal Juggernaut with level 6 wrath. I did not know such a skill even existed. It just slayed my Gorgon, Dark stalkers, I lost both my praetors in even duels etc... sigh. I have nothing, except I managed to raise my Prophecy to 6 and stole Erzebet's altar. At least that Juggernaut won't be rampaging around anymore.

Is there any way to stop the Demonic Interference ritual? Like a chance roll it resists every turn or something? Or am I set as long as I cast it successfully once and pay the upkeep? :v:

It's permanent as long as you pay upkeep and no one plays the event to cancel rituals or DIs you in turn. It's completely busted and needs a nerf.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Forgot to check I actually won an auction before doing a couple of moves and really screwed myself over. None of the goon games I've played have been boring, I just wish that there was a tablet or mobile client so that I could commit to more!

I think the Titan's, especially the Beast, are just a little too strong at the moment. Maybe doubling their upkeep or reducing their stats by a few points would make them less if a no brainer.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Found an unfortunate bug with the Meketrix Lash. My legion was level 3 with 1 victory remaining... I equipped the lash, it put me to level 4 but didnt grant me the extra item slot. And i reeeally needed that slot...

I think titans should be slightly stronger than they are now, but neither grant nor receive combat support. Tools of offense and victory. Except maybe the walking castle.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Apr 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Does Titan upkeep just get taken out automatically or does it require an Order?

I’m about to (hopefully) buy a titan next turn in my first game with friends and I’m trying to decide if I want to just screw with everyone or go straight for Pandonium and try to win. This is our first game and we’ve all been kind of learning the ropes, I don’t want to immediately piss everyone off by trying to end it early.