Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

sad to see it’s shutting down tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

tomorrow jeffery of yospos officially hangs his banner to the rafters and renames to jeffery of pyf

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

fart simpson posted:

sad to see it’s shutting down tonight

at midnight, so technically tomorrow morning

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

lol memory unlocked

i guess i don't remember this one

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Video Nasty posted:

tomorrow jeffery of yospos officially hangs his banner to the rafters and renames to jeffery of pyf

p hosed up y'all just let him stolen valor that poo poo tbh

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Branch Nvidian posted:

i guess i don't remember this one

i think he (tom) said years later that it wasn't really him anyway but they both looked pretty goofy

it used to be posted pretty frequently

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

i liked jenny's balls thread

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
thanks, OP

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

dang I almost missed 2/19 in local time.

good memories, bad back ups.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Beeftweeter posted:

i think he (tom) said years later that it wasn't really him anyway but they both looked pretty goofy

it used to be posted pretty frequently

found it!

axolotl farmer posted:

welp, had the shopped Tom Collins RMS in a random crap folder

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also i think of tom's retrospective every time i see specific cocktail menus

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

tom collins with 10 year aged gin

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I must have been taking a posting break during it, what's yosdoom

Agile Vector posted:

also i think of tom's retrospective every time i see specific cocktail menus

hosed up to think that we would be approaching a quarter century on the forums effortposts if he was still posting

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Dijkstracula posted:

I must have been taking a posting break during it, what's yosdoom

basically just someone (think it was forums user oval office AND PASTE) spun up and ran a zandronum doom server for some fun old-school deathmatch action. pagancow always put up a hell of a fight. i'd always own fishmech though. good times

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
found the noisebridge thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3687461

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

shaggers wanken festival joke is one of the great classics of the modern era too

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

barons and z0r

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

basically just someone (think it was forums user oval office AND PASTE) spun up and ran a zandronum doom server for some fun old-school deathmatch action. pagancow always put up a hell of a fight. i'd always own fishmech though. good times

oh hell yeah i remember that. and yeah i'm pretty sure it was the C'n'P posting factory

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

playing red dragon on the yosbbs was pretty fun

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

tom collins and his rms photo

i met rms and posted a whole thread about it in yospos and got a photo with him and have a signed copy of his book and everything

tldr: he sucks

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

git apologist posted:

i met rms and posted a whole thread about it in yospos and got a photo with him and have a signed copy of his book and everything

but did he make you cum

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
no he did that all by himself

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

git apologist posted:

i remember your thread because i made a point of going to the talk just for the experience after it! i can confirm he is weird, and when finding that photo i found my old post about him writhing on a table while speaking

i had just gotten a dslr so i took a bunch of photos and i think it freaked him out a bit, so he wasn't open to a photo op. he also seemed to be absorbed in his fawning fans who were handing out various crapple ibad and vistasux stickers

oh! i still have the stickers in my camera bag! a defectivebydesign.org sampler, bad vista, and gplv3

fart simpson posted:

but did he make you cum

~ parrotsocial relationships ~

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i forget the name of it but the paintings thread was really funny.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

NinetySevenA posted:

i forget the name of it but the paintings thread was really funny.

someone made a printed book of them for yosmas, and for everyone else they posted the pdf. i have it around here somewhere

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Agile Vector posted:

i remember your thread because i made a point of going to the talk just for the experience after it! i can confirm he is weird, and when finding that photo i found my old post about him writhing on a table while speaking

i had just gotten a dslr so i took a bunch of photos and i think it freaked him out a bit, so he wasn't open to a photo op. he also seemed to be absorbed in his fawning fans who were handing out various crapple ibad and vistasux stickers

oh! i still have the stickers in my camera bag! a defectivebydesign.org sampler, bad vista, and gplv3

~ parrotsocial relationships ~

hi5 posting buddy

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

this rules, I've thought about doing an interest check for a yos2k4 ut server but a doom one sounds even better

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
make it a yospos lan party and ut99 and I'll bring my pentium 3 box

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

do folks generally prefer ut99, that works for me just as well

I definitely played a lot more ut99 than 2k4 but the latter came out after I moved off to uni and found other hobbies (homesickness and depression)

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i like the way 99 looks more but 2k4 is more fun MP imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
99 is kinda the only one I've played