Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ah sweet, I had a blast with the demo when it came out of nowhere to me, but I've been too cheap/busy with other stuff to play the game. It'll be fun to watch instead :popcorn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man I forgot how violent this game was even for normal kills, it's nuts :psyboom:

I don't remember knowing that the developers worked on that Terminator game. I basically ignored it whenever it came out, like much of the franchise post T2, but now I'm more curious if there's something worthwhile there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I watched some of a Terminator Resistance playthrough last night, and it looks about as expected. Fun, a bit janky (but not in a way that ruins it), and clearly made with love for the franchise. It's on my interest list now, alongside continuing to watch this one.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man, that was some tonal whiplash in the police station, I was chuckling at the idea of RoboCop dealing with menial complaints but then things went south. I guess that's just how things are in future Detroit. Oh well, time to go turn more people into tomato paste explosions.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

DMorbid posted:

What is exciting is Ricochet. Once you unlock the ability, RoboCop Vision will highlight walls and objects that can be used to bounce bullets at enemies. Not only is this fun, it's also extremely powerful as the ricocheting bullets always seem to score a critical hit or at least deal obscene amounts of damage. Instant Scanner instantly highlights all enemies in RoboCop Vision's FOV, and Ricochet Split makes ricocheting bullets split and hit multiple enemies. :ocelot:

That's great. Is it pretty automated, or do you have to spend extra time aiming for ricochet angles?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I somehow missed that it was actually Peter Weller doing the voice, no wonder he sounds so good. There's something magical about him doing the goofier RoboCop lines like "to save yourself some terrible, clean up on the double" :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Volmarias posted:

Watching this LP made me go back and rewatch RoboCop again. It remains a timeless masterpiece, a true work of art.

:same:

Definitely an all timer, I was happy to find out it's on amazon prime. The remake is too, might as well buy add that to my watch list for a dollar no dollars

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

PICKLEZZzss :awesomelon:

I still can't get over Peter Weller doing the voicework, it's so good.

Volmarias posted:

Didn't expect to see Hans Gruber here

I was gonna say the same thing. Alan Rickman as a RoboCop villain just seems perfect, I wish it could've happened. And yeah, holy poo poo at that ending :suspense:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Whatever the circular inspiration between Fallout and Robocop, I just can't get enough of that HUD. I think it was the first thing that made me think oh, maybe this is actually good? back when I played the demo.

e: excellent timing on the "character flaw" joke, which I would not have been able to appreciate up until finally playing the first MGS a few weeks ago :ocelot:

Captain Hygiene fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tonight I suddenly thought to myself, "I wonder what happened to that RoboCop LP", only to realize I'd somehow accidentally subscribed way back when :shepicide:

Guess it's time to find out what's happened over the last two months :munch: