Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

that queue sidequest had quite the downward trajectory in terms of :smithicide:. You've got the first guy who, surely, must understand why his neighbours are pissed off at him, then comes either the dumbest criminal ever or the ballsiest one with turning himself in to collect a reward. But then it all comes crashing down with the concerned mother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

well sure, how can you not cheer for him when this music is playing as he goes about his duty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb1_38445vA

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

the thing that always tips me off about The Old Man is the scene he is introduced is when he talks about how his big vision is building a gated community, writ large. He then complains about how setbacks are preventing that from happening, but these setbacks are things like a potential strike from the police department (weirdly enough, one of the few instances where cops going on strike is actually ok, since the DPD rank and file may as well be coal miners as far as OCP is concerned) and the top project to deal with law enforcement is just OCP-programmed robots. RoboCop may have more brain power and a modicum of freewill compared to the ED-209, but OCP still pulls the strings, and The Old Man still has ultimate power over what they are allowed to do.

I didn't watch RoboCop until I was almost an adult, but even then I knew that if you were affiliated with OCP at all, you weren't a good person.