Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I love total recall, but it made inception less fun to watch because they parallel so hard and total recall doesn't feel all hoity toity about the nonsense. Just look at the endings -

Inception: Was it all a dream? Is he still dreaming? Oooooh the top wobbled and you'll never know because we immediately cut the scene.

Total Recal:
Annie - but what if all of this was just a dream
The movie - who cares? Shut up, kiss the girl, and enjoy it either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

White Coke posted:

What’s weird about Robocop 2 is that they make The Old Man a villain when he’s a neutral force in the first, one whom the executives are fighting over access to rather than being a character actively involved in making the plot.

The old man is absolutely a villain in robocop 1. He is the man in charge of OCP and all the horrendous shot they're doing is done with his rubber stamp. The deliberate underfunding of the cops and sending them into dangerous situations with no backup in sight is still traded back to him. He's painted sympatheticly the same way Hammond is in Jurassic Park(movie), and in the same way he's still the bad guy at the root of it all even if the conflict is driven by dick Jones/Nedry going rogue.

The cops repeatedly talking about striking is a plot beat for a reason.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

He'll, robocop ain't exactly a good guy either. He's a police brutality machine that defaults to using excessive force. When he apprehend the ex mayor by grabbing him through the wall, robocop then flung the captured man out a window to his death.

The movie is designed to make you cheer for robo as he walks around as the cyborg embodiment of excessive force.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Oh you sweet, summer child. posted:

it's uhh... really dire that all these people are just laid up in the hallways.

Nobody tell him :smith:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

His lesson for soot is "don't gently caress with the money" so thats exactly what I think he brings.

And everyone calls him the new guy because that's what aforementioned idiot named him while trying to get his attention. I'm pretty sure soot didn't know his name at that point, just that he existed and wanted to do nebulous crime.

Now, why they kept calling him that after he revealed himself and gave his proper name, I have no answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The lady was also part of the apartment 6/9 mixup the slumlord didn't care to fix