Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Robocop. One of my favorite all time police heroes.

[shoots rapist in groin] Your move, creep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I am glad Doc is still doing a great job on this LP. Otherwise there would be… trouble.

That’s a Robocop movie quote. ;)

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I was radicalized by welfare too. I had to do a report on it my senior high school year. Group project, five of us. One defined the issue, one wrote up the history (me), one laid out pros of it, one laid out cons, one presented a reform strategy. I remember thinking “well, if people need this, good that it’s available”, then hearing my Republican grandfather ranting about how people abuse it. I was thinking “well, surely there’s more people on welfare because of necessity than abuse, right?” For the record, my grandfather taught me a serious work ethic and I’m grateful for it, but you think he’d empathize with the availability of welfare having raised six kids in a small town. [shrug]

I don’t remember the reform strategy we laid out.

I watched the 80s Robocop cartoon growing up but never the live action series. I remember the Big Bad was an OCP scientist with ED-260 robots (more articulate than ED-209 and sentient enough to have a grudge against Robocop but otherwise unimproved) and a gang of criminals with high tech weapons called the Vandals. They packed a flame thrower, chainsaw, shock gloves, earthquake creating boots, and a sound cannon if I recall correctly. The show came on Saturday morning in an hour block with Spider-Man, X-Men, and Dino-Riders. It got me into Robocop and the films cemented my interest when I saw them later. I agree the third one wasn’t great but I’ve seen worse.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Max Payne was awesome except for the blood mazes. 2 sucked because of the convoluted plot. 3 was awesome all around. My opinion.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Somehow not as good a line as all the others in the first and third games imo. But enough about that, this is a Robocop thread. He was tossing out great one liners and tanking damage long before Max Payne was ever conceived. :)