Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

disposablewords posted:

It reminded me of a gag in early Judge Dredd. (Dredd was, purportedly, an openly-admitted influence on the tone they were going for with RoboCop.) Like real early. Way back, Mega-City One is (unintentionally?) portrayed as something approaching a post-scarcity utopia despite also being post-apocalyptic - and the crime level seems to be because people just can't deal with life not being lovely. Robots do almost all labor and people compete viciously for the few jobs available because they're maddeningly bored by endless leisure. So when some dude I think kills or tries to kill his rival for a job, Dredd sending him to prison doing hard labor is received with cheers and onlookers saying something like, "Oh, never let it be said Dredd can't show mercy!"

Like just thinking about the turnaround on that and how that ridiculous gag became another kind of ridiculous gag but with a massively different tenor.

Hey, beats the isocubes at least, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Watching this LP made me go back and rewatch RoboCop again. It remains a timeless masterpiece, a true work of art.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Wait, total recall is also Verhoeven's???

Holy poo poo, I'm gonna have to rewatch that with the benefit of hindsight, instead of just waiting for the lady with the third boob

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

azren posted:

I was just thinking about the ED 209 demonstration scene, and I can't remember, why was ED loaded with live ammo for a demo for board members?

No one had heard the phrase "never do a live tech demo" before

That or the guy was on Dick's poo poo list, and it was meant to drive home that he was not to be hosed with

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Didn't expect to see Hans Gruber here

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Cooked Auto posted:

I stand corrected, the new assault rifle is an H&K G3 than an FAL. The foregrip and rounded front irons gives it away. Even if does come with a 30 round magazine oddly enough.

Also those look like anti-tank mines. Which makes sense, considering who they are dealing with. But definitely not something a regular person should be able to trigger.
Unless they bought them second hand.

They're comically large, undisguised land mines that explode if you shoot them. The only surprising thing is that there isn't someone trying to throw them at you, or reinvent the soviet experiment of having dogs with land mines strapped to them.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Crazy Achmed posted:

To be fair to this game, i leant hard into being a stealthy assassin in deus ex so also had a very uniform combat experience, just of a different type. In the same way this looks like a very fun game to play.

"I promise I won't do a stealth archer build this time" - me, before doing a stealth archer build in any rpg

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Zaroff posted:

Watching RoboCop pick up all this evidence gives me the image of him stomping around, shooting bad guys with stolen purses full of stolen wallets and jewelry slung over his shoulder!

pre:
NEXT TIME YOU WANT TO    DRESS    FOR    SUCCESS, I WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH HANDCUFFS TO ACCESSORIZE, CREEP!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Leal posted:

You sure this isn't a fallout 4 mod?

Wrong kind of nuke

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Samovar posted:

Blah, Ed's voice in the game isn't as stupidly intimidating as it is in the movies.

Yeah, the growl just sounded weird and out of place here, instead of menacing. You need a cough drop, guy?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

*I don't think so. I'm a vulture. I need my space." Buddy just admit that you have commitment issues

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

FoolyCharged posted:

Nobody tell him :smith:

Don't worry, in this universe all the nurses get are "heroes work here!!!" signs instead of responsible staffing ratios too.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

painedforever posted:

The scene transitions in the briefing room were really janky! And what was going on with that one cop's hand?

"The New Guy" is still a dumb name. The movie wasn't bad, but the name is dumb.

We've got the guy's name anyway, don't we? Seems like they should just shift to using it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

White Coke posted:

I wonder how much of Stonehenge is going to be used to make Delta City.

... Not sure what this is in reference to, the only Stonehenge I can think of that's relevant is this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOzbMBk8J-c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

DMorbid posted:

Episode 12: Resistance

I can't believe Becker would lie to us about the whole domestic terrorism thing! Oh, wait, yes I can.

What's in the box, DMorbid?

What's in the boooxxxxxx?????