Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

chaoslord posted:

I do think it is very funny that VAR/AVAR are still TBD, I wonder if they will let the viewers at home be the VAR

Garbs, Geiger, hear this out:

it would probably produce less controversy than anyone you could possibly pick at this point

also the stadium got renamed this week so PRO may want to update some records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Wait, they're still starting Guzan?

Just watched the goal, feels like a classic "don't go for the ball if you can't smother it or actually get rid" - especially when the defence entirely ignore the far post runner

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

well, that'll teach me to say the Rapids looked like they'd be decent this year

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

If Galaxy-Miami ALSO ends up 0-0 we'd better all head for the apocalypse bunkers

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

oh no Toronto might be good again

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

TwoStepBoog posted:

lafc skc game was extremely stupid and i feel bad for anyone who subjected themselves to it

same for the first half of Quakes-Caps, for which the phrase "war crime" comes to mind

fun ending though, I'll miss Ali Ahmed when he gets his big move

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

and you said LAST night's game was extremely stupid

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

well this game has gone all After Dark in a hurry

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

paddyboat posted:

I’d say watching your team keep the same poo poo manager/management year after year while buying worse and worse players

No hope kills you like "85th minute penalty and red leaves you only needing one goal to salvage a point after being down 3-1" hope, I have to assume.

edit: that'll teach me to count anyone out in Manic League Soccer

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 16, 2024

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

we have isolated the precise conditions under which Kevin Cabral can score

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Yeah, it's pretty clear that they have managers (ie your Geiger types that aged out of running the lines) on VAR and they seem to have more discretion than usual, so we're seeing mostly similar outcomes on "big calls" because there are more VAR interventions, but the routine game management and chippy poo poo maybe isn't being handled as well?

Not quite the epic shitshow I was expecting though.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

whypick1 posted:

There hasn't been a Fail Mary, but it seems like it's only a matter of time now.

I absolutely agree it's slower, both in general because of less experienced refs and because of the increased use of VAR to cover for them. I might just have been lucky to have missed the games Baxter is writing about, though - my experience has been more like Eifert's and I haven't seen anything too egregious.

TBF after watching this sport for this long it takes something really remarkable to get past my noise filter for "losing coaches/players complaining about the refs" so I'm probably missing some Fail Mary early warning sign somewhere, but the most I'm saying is that the scabs have exceeded my extremely low expectations.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 20, 2024

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Edward Mass posted:

This might be a challenge for Luis Suarez.

Lewis > Luis

love a bit of poetic justice, me

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

man and I thought my guys'd had a poo poo night

edit: wowwww at that Rapids-Dynamo ending though, that's gonna be controversial if this holds

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 24, 2024

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

can definitely call this a bright start from the Caps, especially from Ahmed on the left

surely I'm not tempting fate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

surely I'm not tempting fate

oh I absolutely was, same old Cardiac Caps

ugly-rear end winner but they all count