Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Inter Miami vs Real Salt Lake
DRV PNK Stadium (8PM ET)
REF: Cristian Campo Hernandez
AR1: Fevzi Demirhan
AR2: Albert Escovar
4TH: Jonathan Weiner
VAR: TBD
AVAR: TBD

Ref here was working USL last season and has prior experience as an AR in the Spanish third division. Inter Miami being the high profile team with all the stars, safe to bet that this means he is one of the biggest names in the 60 some odd ref pool available. He’s currently scheduled to work again this weekend so hopefully he does fine.

I do think it is very funny that VAR/AVAR are still TBD, I wonder if they will let the viewers at home be the VAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Doctor Teeth posted:

oh god i didn't even consider the horror that is scab VAR officials.

thanks mls

The funny part is that VAR is mostly management (Geiger, Kelly, etc), so you would think that that would be the part of the experience that goes smoothest but it’s been a clusterfuck.

Disappointed in the number of scabs I know personally!

Watching Houston SKC and uh, not sure this ref is anywhere close to the fitness level needed here, really hoping nothing bad happens in like, 75, 80, and beyond because I’m not sure he’s going to be able to keep up

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

whypick1 posted:

There hasn't been a Fail Mary, but it seems like it's only a matter of time now.

I don’t think there is going to be a huge fail Mary like in the nfl because of Geiger and co running VAR. the first few weeks went well but I think the wheels are starting to come off, match day 4 and 5 have started falling off and it seems like they’re struggling to keep numbers with a ref doing a middle in Minnesota as a last minute injury replacement then doing a 4th in Atlanta the next day. Says a lot that they couldn’t promote the 4th on the game and just get another 4th.

IMO we did have the closest thing to a fail Mary we will get in the Chicago Montreal match

https://x.com/will_stjean/status/1769092917325439072?s=46&t=l3BNUY1tDwZOYN9ilB4yAg

So… from a refereeing standpoint this is just… it’s baffling. The AR calls this penalty. I think this is… soft but can’t really overturn it as violent conduct and a red card. But, the AR waited *20 seconds* to put his flag up for this. You saw VC and a PK and waited almost half a minute to act on that information?

And honestly, as far as VC goes? It’s kinda soft. In the games I do? He’s gotta go, sure. But that’s semi pro and amateur mens behaving badly leagues. At the pro level? No one is asking for it, it wasn’t above the shoulders, im honestly kinda sold on this being yellow at the pro level. But that said if you’re getting this for VC, shouldn’t VAR come back and get the shove in the back (equally soft) in the APP to take away the penalty? It just feels like a lack of feel for the game for this to have been what it was.

I dunno, league seems happy so PSRA has a tough road ahead