Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.
Is it just me, or has MLS 360 had fewer commercial breaks? Because it's been nice. Hopefully it's not just an opening week thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

whypick1 posted:

Well that Dallas goal is probably GOTW

Over Gil's?

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Christ. So much for the whole "fewer commercial breaks" thing. I guess they were trying to make a good first impression or something.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Dallan Invictus posted:

If Galaxy-Miami ALSO ends up 0-0 we'd better all head for the apocalypse bunkers

Judging by the starting lineups... The bunkers can stay empty.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

So the center ref for the LAG-MIA game is Gabrielle Ciampi which, according to the commentator, is pronounced pretty close to "chompy."

In a game with Luis Suarez, I've decided this is hilarious.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

So...the Galaxy didn't embarrass themselves?

This confuses me.

Like, even with a missed penalty, this isn't that bad.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

paddyboat posted:

these refs want to VAR this so much

Yeah, it's weird. They've been taking a long time with VAR all weekend.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Siiiiiigh I guess they should be taking a bit longer.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Mother. Fucker.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

So a second yellow for a no contact slide tackle but no yellow for stopping a promising attack? I guess he's gun shy now that he sent someone off that he didn't mean to.

Oh, well. I'll take a draw when I was expecting shameful losses for a few weeks.

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

After last week and this, my Jovelic jersey is now, officially, the lucky one.

Edit: he's got an assist now, too.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Mar 3, 2024

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

What in the unholy gently caress happened to the Galaxy's ability to take PKs? I swear to god, the last good penalty taker we had was Keane. We've turned 90% into a goddamn coin flip.

At least we're playing ok. It should be better considering the team Nashville put out but, I'll take it.

Edit: I am an idiot.

Edit 2: Wow. A draw that "should" have been a win. I haven't felt that in a good, long while.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 10, 2024

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

It's so weird that the Galaxy have a player who's legitimately fast.

I'm pleased, of course. It's just so unfamiliar.

Edit: goalkeepers loving up and pretending it was a foul, however, is familiar.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 17, 2024

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

A very much NOT short-handed Galaxy sure are being tuned up by the first decent defense we've faced this year.

Maybe those "The Galaxy are back" posts were a bit premature.

Pigma_Micron fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigma_Micron
Jan 24, 2005

Pigma_Micron posted:

A very much NOT short-handed Galaxy sure are being tuned up by the first decent defense we've faced this year.

Maybe those "The Galaxy are back" posts were a bit premature.

Never mind! We're invincible!