Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

echinopsis posted:

i did the docp

ill try n find the hydra

trip report pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

i need to figure out what i'm doing for lunch before i go too long and start feeling sick

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I need these tickets to go away

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

ever heard of scalping?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

ever heard of scalping?

never heard of it, sure as my name is general george custer

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
sleeb

where is the tired thread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Branch Nvidian posted:

trip report pls

not so good

as soon as it opens, and I try to do something it throws an exception

I had downloaded a very early version and that kinda worked, but the most recent version is very unstable. and keeps complaining something is trying to block it. which led me down a path of trying to turn off EVERYTHING on startup that I could, to the point where windows was starting in 640x480

I am not having luck

which is a shame because when I apply the undervolt profile on the older version I dropped about 10c but more importantly it kept the fan going from "its going" to "drat that jet is taking off", so I defo wanna get this doing something

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

I guess I need to download the newest version and see what’s up, because I never had issues with it in the past. very strange

e: this app pack thing is new. admittedly i haven't messed with a new version in hydra in quite some time. i'll figure this thing out and post back with what i learn so you can hopefully get it working right. sorry about the headaches with it, echi

Branch Nvidian fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Mar 1, 2024

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the app pack is additional test tools, it’s not hydra itself

I wish it could tell me what’s trying to block it. and also lol how to stop it throwing an exception

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

downloaded yesterday’s release of hydra along with the latest app pack. set it to run while I’m at work today. will report back with whatever it does or doesn’t do when I get home later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

okay, so a LOT of stuff is different in the hydra pro release now and like half the stuff doesn’t work right for me either because I’m using an X3D CPU, on Zen 3 instead of Zen 4, or both

I’m less committed to fiddling with all this now than I was about a year ago since my system is pretty much dialed in and performing how I want it to, but I skimmed the most recent manual and idk man, I feel like shouldn’t be causing you the problems you’re describing

depending on your motherboard oem there may be a curve optimizer feature in your BIOS that you can fiddle with, though that’s getting back to the old times of possibly making a small change, testing stability, rebooting and changing and testing again. AMD’s own Ryzen Master utility might accomplish this too with a better GUI

do still make sure you get that RAM profile turned on in your BIOS though