Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

ilmucche posted:

Was that the guy who also kept them in a box marked "fascists" and would toss them in with no organisation when they died? I remember someone saying they saw a player who did that

I've always thought of doing an army of nazis in a historical game but in the style of that one guy that makes space marines being cut in half, drilled through with a melta-gun or bolter fire freeing the backs of their heads from their bodily prisons. Just a glorious line-up of exploding tanks and ss officers trying to push their guts back in.

I just don't want to stare at nazis that long to make it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Working on a King for my deepkin and I liked how the octopuss cloak came out

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Doing a bunch of kitbashing for a buddies daughters of khaine army. He wants them to look "cyberpunk". I'm struggling to find a good source of themed bits. Looking for punk clothes, shades, tech, weapons, body parts etc. Anyone aware of am STL source (paid or unpaid) with this kinda themed stuff? I've found a few things that work but they're so integrated into the model they're being sold on that it's not worth it.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

Have you looked into the Escher kits for Necromunda? They're all punk rock ladies.

I did! Bit small for the giant medusa/bat/murder god lady I'd be using them on but the other goons suggestion paid off, found some stl files on myminifactory (that I had to look for on my computer because my new Samsung all off a sudden can't open that app anymore, just goes to a white screen and never leaves. Boooo.)

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Forgive me

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

SiKboy posted:

About ten at a time is more or less my limit for batch painting before it starts to feel like a chore rather than a hobby.

Where on earth did you get buff pokemon minis/stls?

MMF but there's weirdly a lot of them if you just Google "body builder pokemon stl"

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Oddly enough, the trick to painting blonde hair is to use a gold nmm color progression

Yeah I was watching a Vince V video the other day and he goes "blonde hair doesn't have much yellow in it" and it was such a game changer having that pointed out.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Xpost from AOS thread

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Working on a cyberpunk morathi. Started with lesrathi

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

Seriously, Nebalebadingdong, stage a fake battle using everything you’ve painted, which at this point must be a small city. I want to see it all together (with carefully included penny).

Dude has so many models painted at this point, how would he get them all on one table? It would need to be dozens of millimeters wide.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

I tried decals yesterday and spilled the microsol bottle all over the place and it doesn't smell great

Edit-typo

Harvey Mantaco fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 11, 2024

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

My Spirit Otter posted:

you dont realize just how sharp an airbrush needle is until you drop it and reflexively try and catch it and bury a quarter of it lengthwise into your hand lol

I get involuntarily intermittent shakes occasionally throughout the day and buried the needle I was cleaning under a fingernail just so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Did guy