Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Finished up this old, old Dark Emissary model. Gonna use him as a chaos sorcerer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

it's safer for me to just assume the dude with Nazi armies probably is

So should we just stop doing WW2 historical wargaming entirely? :confuoot:

The vast, vast majority of people who are into WW2 historicals are entirely harmless middle aged centrist dads.

I understand not wanting to involve yourself in a game where one side by necessity plays the Nazis, but by default assuming everyone who is into WW2 historicals is a literal Nazi is pretty wild.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Some quick old world dwarves.

I was trying to go for the Ye Olde Goblin Greene bases but these might be a bit too green

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Cannibal Smiley posted:

Some Ulthwe Eldar Falcons. Next up are about five Wave Serpents that I'm rehabilitating.

These are crisp as hell

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Guildencrantz posted:

Does anyone have a good method for doing rusted/weathered painted metal? I'm getting the appropriate look on the bare metal parts of my Necromunda terrain with a mix of the typhus/ryza method and pigment powders, but once in-universe paint is involved I'm pretty lost. I'd rather not gently caress around with chipping medium unless there's really no other way.

https://youtu.be/pMncvt0BpbI?si=xV6lqT_4Nu7zqhhm

Pretty much exactly what you need.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Feels extremely weird to allow printed backdrops in a painting competition. AI or not.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Nebalebadingdong posted:

buncha 6mm stuff

battlemechs!

medina shops from the lazy forger

gas tank from the lazy forger

scum tanks from iliada games

sand cat from iliada games

ram wagon from the lazy forger

I love the trash cans next to the urbie, really gives a sense of scale

Also, phenomenal work

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Their old line of normal acrylic paints was a dumpster fire, but their new fanatic line is apparently quite good.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Old world xpost

Exactly one month ago today a friend asked me if I wanted to play some Old World, it seemed neat and he had found his old minis deep in his basement. I replied that sadly I did not have a Old World army.

Since then I have painted many dwarves.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Issaries posted:

Yeah.

Purple + Yellow beards really pops on those minis.

I think the one mistake I made is that the Longbeards are kinda flat because they don't have the yellow beards to contrast with the purple. I should probably have worked some gold in there by giving them gold trimmings. I just might go back and do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

More dorfs