Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

AndyElusive posted:

His power fist is discombobulatingly devastating.

Can you share how you got that skin? I tried to get something similar for my chaos lord but he just ended up looking Latino at best :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Doing a bunch of kitbashing for a buddies daughters of khaine army. He wants them to look "cyberpunk". I'm struggling to find a good source of themed bits. Looking for punk clothes, shades, tech, weapons, body parts etc. Anyone aware of am STL source (paid or unpaid) with this kinda themed stuff? I've found a few things that work but they're so integrated into the model they're being sold on that it's not worth it.

Have you looked into the Escher kits for Necromunda? They're all punk rock ladies.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Anyone have tops using washes on large flat areas? Been painting a rhino for my Iron Warriors and my usual recipe of prime black -> AP Gunmetal spray -> Nuln Oil is just not working. The Nuln just pools all weirdly and the panels just look messy and splotchy and dirty in a not good way.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Thanks for the tips guys. I think a big part of the issue I'm having is the AP gunmetal spray is indeed a color match to the brush paint, but the spray is super glossy which makes the wash situation even worse. Next tank I think I'll just dry brush the whole thing with a big rear end brush.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

With metallic sprays it can be worth doing a light coat of normal primer on the model before hitting it with the metal. This is because the metallic can form that incredibly satin/gloss sheen with little 'tooth' so other paints, especially washes, struggle to adhere.

I did prime black before the AP Gunmetal spray! Maybe I just sprayed it a a little too thick

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Does anyone know a color match replacement for the old Citadel Calthan Brown? The GW conversion chart says the new equivalent is Mournfang brown but mournfang is a lot more red, approaching a dark terracotta brown. Does AP or Vallejo have a match?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I like the bit about demons being scared as hell of them.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Let’s say I wanted to do a diorama based on the Warhammer DLC for Powerwash Simulator using a pair of Skitarii rangers and a Dreadnought.

1. What’s the best way to do the “water spray” effect?

2. What’s the best way to do an “industrial” base for everything to stand on?

3. What’s the best way to do “extensions” on their water sprayers?

Something like this?

https://bsky.app/profile/vincentknotley.bsky.social/post/3kogq27jchm2m

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Beware than even GWs official color match chart can't be trusted. I needed to replace an old pot of Calthan Brown, which is supposedly now Mournfang brown, but the Mournfang is much darker and more reddish. I went from milk chocolate to wet terracotta.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I legit loved the old clear green necrom bits. A common kitbash back then was to find other colored clear rods of the same size, so you'd see necrons with red or orange guns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I don't have a great track record with oaths :v: