Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Geisladisk posted:

Finished up this old, old Dark Emissary model. Gonna use him as a chaos sorcerer.
I've always loved this mini. Yours looks great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Disproportionation posted:

Speaking of WW2 stuff, does anyone have any advice for painting (semi-realistic) cockpit canopies? I have a bunch of small 1/200 hurricanes and such which I've just painted the canopies of black-grey cause I'm not sure how to approach them in a way that doesn't look overly exaggerated.

I dunno, but as soon as I print off some tiny WW2 planes I'll experiment and let you know what I come up with. Also, at tiny scales overexaggerated actually looks really good. See also most of Nebalebadingdong's tiny 6mm trucks.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Flipswitch posted:

Anyone have any advice on using pigments or how to lock them into bases? Im planning on using some for dust build up on some bases but not quite sure how to do it yet. I am planning to watch some tutorials online later.
You can fix them in place with mineral spirits. If you're going to do the dust before you varnish, you're best off varnishing with an airbrush at very low pressure (so as not to blast the pigment off in the process).

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Super Waffle posted:

I legit loved the old clear green necrom bits. A common kitbash back then was to find other colored clear rods of the same size, so you'd see necrons with red or orange guns
I did bespoke red ones for my Necrons back in the day. They were a pain in the rear end to do, but I loved the way they turned out.