Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

AK also makes paint primarily for the scale model market and dioramas. Night Shift uses their products a lot.

Miniatures are very much a secondary market for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

any suggestions for oil tube storage? I'd like something better than just throwing them in a drawer

Box in your closet

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Man, if any mini had an excuse for wide eyes it’s this poor stapled head dude

(The blue is a kitchen knife handle)

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Mar 2, 2024

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

lookin great. why do the dark angels have jawas anyway??

you just found me the best sentence in 40k metafiction:

quote:

Upon the awakening of Lion El'Jonson in Mirror-Caliban, it was the Watchers who attempted to guide him back into the Imperium

Mirror
Caliban

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Stretched sprue is a normal technique that is almost as old as molded styrene models though?

Use a candle (like a tea light candle). I find it works best to melt all the way through and touch the melted ends together and pull until you have a string of the desired length.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Are you moving paint to the pallet with your good brush?

Edit: I’m currently using a Vallejo pro sable brush at size 1 and it will probably start hooking on me sooner than later but right now it works great. Mot too expensive either!

These guys: https://www.sunwardhobbies.ca/vallejo-round-2-0-natural-hair-pro-model-brush-b01020/

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 30, 2024

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Actually trimming stray hairs on quality brushes is a thing. Or at least it was 10 years ago.

I’ve done it a couple times, but only a few hairs and never all the way back to the ferrule

Today’s Martens just aren’t as good as they used to be I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Z the IVth posted:

Unfortunately I get ppl to print for me so it's always a bit of an imposition to get them to modify the stls.

Goes to show how little thought most stl creators give to the practical function of their creations. So many nice models that are unusable because they can't be attached to a base at all because there is too little surface area under their feet.

That being said, OPR has been moving to chunkier minis ever since the Blessed Sisters caused way more printing support calls than they figured was necessary.

It's caused no end of complaints every time they release a new army because slim highly detailed minis look amazing in renders. and good table top minis look worse in renders than in print

edit: comparison, old pic missing High Elf:

Pretty sure since I took this, at least one of these miniatures are broken off at the ankles.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 11, 2024