Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Cease to Hope posted:

AK Interactive 3rd Gen is a gigantic line mainly aimed at historical wargamers and scale modelers. The paints are smooth and quite matte, and the very large line includes lots of historical color-matches for uniforms, livery, and camouflage schemes. I don't know why nobody ever seems to mention them, they're another top-of-the-line brand. In any case, don't just look for the AK Interactive brand: their Real Colors line are solvent-based acrylic, a different kind of paint entirely, and they sell lots of specialized paints for specific scale modelling applications.

AK Interactive used the Holocaust for paint tutorials and setting in articles produced by them. It was met with a lot of criticism. I think whether or not the company's staffed by neo-nazis or if they're just absolutely clueless is an open question, but it probably explains any lacking presence of AK Interactive products in guides and discourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Slyphic posted:

I remember trying to figure that out when it all happened, and the impression I got was that the company was a lot of young edgelords, and I find that hard to hold against someone as long at they grow out of it. Was it a one off, or the start of a pattern? (genuinely asking, I don't follow hobby drama much)

I don't know. I hadn't heard of them until I had false start no. 2571 in 40k and was looking for paints in 2021. I asked a group if they were any good and the response was the company were probably neo-nazis. I have no idea what the word is now.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I hate the dimples on GW bases. It's not hard to deal with, it just takes some green stuff or Tamiya putty to fill in. I just don't like the step in preparing my bases is all.