Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
AK are loving MASSIVE in the air/armor modeling space, and large-scale figs to a lesser degree, all around the world. They simply haven't focused their marketing on the minis space much at all, but they're slowly branching out in that direction with some beautiful painting books and ranges of more vibrant colors.

I think it's just a cultural difference when they've made there (several) missteps with products and promotion. Many of the things they've done that were "scandals" over here, didn't even register as a blip in europe and asia. They still sell their controversial books in euro/asia in unedited format, only north america had the original version pulled and then a cut-down version released here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Golden High-Flows can be glossy, but it's dependent on the pigment. Some pigments are naturally more opaque and matte than others, like titanium, and will give a more matte appearance. Others are transparent and glossy basically regardless of their density or material properties, so will appear more glossy.

That's one of the downsides of artist quality paints. They're great quality, but you can get massively different finishes and transparencies between colors in the same line of paints. All qualities you'd want if you were painting on canvass, but not necessarily when painting minis.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ominous Jazz posted:

it's stinky but not two container stinky

edit: what's a good CA glue because mine sucks

Bob Smith Industries is quite good, they have a large selection of types. Starbond is pretty decent as well, and might be easier to find in certain markets.

Anything's better than Zap-A-Gap brand though. Never had a bottle of that stuff last more than a few months, even unopened.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Aniodia posted:

Actual question for people who know airbrushes. I have an Neo for Iwata CN, and when it works, it's been working fine. However, there's been a bit of an issue where I'm noticing bubbling, and on occasions pretty severe bubbling, coming from the threads around the nozzle cap, both at the front where it screws into the needle cap as well as in the back where it screws on to the body of the airbrush. I double checked, to make sure I didn't lose an o-ring somewhere, and yeah, there's no o-ring on the official Iwata schematic. I'd cleaned it, and while there doesn't appear to be any paint in the bubbles anymore, it is still bubbling sometimes. I've tried both beeswax and thread tape, and while they stop the bubbling, it also kills the airflow pretty much completely unless I unscrew the nozzle cap slightly (which also brings back the bubbling).

I can get it to work, and it does spray just fine, but it's a bit obnoxious to try and work around the issue instead of fixing it. I'm just not too sure what else to do, outside of chuck the whole thing and get a new one.

Bubbling and air leaks around those seals can happen, it just one of the quirks of airbrushes. An old trick is to swipe a little beeswax/chapstick on the threads, and that will seal it tight when you screw it back together.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Is Curry's still big in the GTA? They were the go to fine-art store back when I lived there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Knuckle Sammich posted:

The only remaining physical store is in Hamilton.

Huh. I was wondering what was up, since their website still lists all their stores. But on closer inspection, the link to each stores info, other than Hamilton, goes to a 404 page. Looks like mismanagement and lovely stores practices, after a few cursory searches. Kind of a shame, since they had a lot of history, and were kind of the art store in Canada for a while there.

Luckily we've got Deserres out west here too, as well as Opus Art Supplies.