Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
There are some true badasses in here, super inspiring! I'm a newbie with no artistic skill but here is something I dont hate that I was painting this week :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.

mellonbread posted:

Most stores here just carry the usual spread of Warhammer/Star Wars/Marvel/5E, but sometimes they have a few Reaper minis tucked away in the corner.

I think this "Space Henchman" is supposed to be wearing an armor vest, but I like him better in a wifebeater that's barely held together at the stomach.

That rules. The way you layered the paints gives a good impression of the different textures on the ground/robes/bells/etc.

What's the model?

Thank you! It’s the Dream Eater model from the Curse of Torpor set from my Loot Studios sub. They have some cool stuff if you have a 3D printer

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Hey friends, my FLGS had a big sale over the weekend and they were selling all their Turbo Dork paints for a dollar, so I grabbed a bunch of them just for the gently caress of it.

They are all metallics and I have been using strictly Scale75 metallics thus far because they cover so well. These are the opposite, I'm not sure if there is a term for these as opposed to the Scale75 metallics in terms of coverage/coloring but these all seem very very thin.

Is this how most metallics are usually and any advice for using them effectively? I''m thinking maybe just having to layer them four or five times but that seems daunting for detailed stuff for a beginner like me. Just curious, TIA.