Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

I remember the Peter and Fudge stories, especially how Fudge's parents gave him the talk, then he saw a pregnant lady on the bus and said "I know what's inside you and I know how it got there" so she moved to another seat.

My go-to children's books were the Bruno & Boots series, I just looked and it's up to 7 books. I read the first five, although the fifth one only once - it was never in the library.

Did any fellow Canucks watch the TV movies based on the books? Any good?

Not a canuck, but I also read the McDonald Hall series over and over (the boring days of no internet). Also same author (Gordon Korman) wrote a one-off book about a scamming 11 year old called "No Coins, Please" that I was obsessed with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

MrMidnight posted:

I read a bunch of Louis Sachar books when I was young because I liked the Wayside school ones so much.

He wrote a book about the original goon called Dogs Don't Tell Jokes. Highly recommended.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogs_Don%27t_Tell_Jokes

I remember that one. The kid took a, "I wont tell any jokes for a month" pledge, and his comedy got better because he evolved an internal filter. People also started being nicer to him because he wasn't running his mouth 24/7 trying to be funny.