Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I remember one of those Judy Blume books where a teenage girl goes to Miami and thinks some old dude is Hitler. I remember literally nothing else about that book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Bible posted:

Edit: the author visited my school once and read us a cut chapter where the kids are on the playground playing a game called "Murder the Man With the Ball".

Original name redacted hardcore.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

syntaxfunction posted:

Shel Silverstein also wrote a tonne of songs, including Cash's "A Boy Named Sue", plus a tonne for Dr Hook and the Medicine Man Show and a tonne of other songs that got a lot of versions and play.

Dude was hella talented.

Sylvia’s Mother is a banger.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

teen witch posted:

Speaking of gentle historical fiction, let me talk to you about American Girl books and the bonkers expensive dolls. The Pleasant Company knew drat well what they were doing. I had Molly!

I know I went into the American Girl store in Orlando with my older daughter, spent about two fiddy, and that goddamned doll might have gotten played with twice. I’ll write a children’s book about the Target knockoffs.