Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I read those books and the only thing I can remember was later he got a dog and named the dog Turtle in memory of his turtle.

I can't get behind a grown rear end goon being pissed off at a toddler though. Toddlers gonna toddle, bitch out his parents if you're so mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I was a very coddled, naïve kid, but my cousin got me into Christopher Pike books in middle school, which were more young adult books and not kids books. My parents didn't care at first because "look how smart he is, reading far above his grade level!" Until I had to do a book report and choose the one I happened to be reading at the time. Like most middle school book reports it was just a summary of the plot, from what I remember went something like "Pervert high school photography nerd wants some pictures of the girl he likes showering, so he climbs up on the roof and sets up a camera with a timer in the skylight. He knows that she's shy and waits until the other girls leave before she showers, and sets the timer accordingly. When he develops the film, it starts out exactly how he expected with her alone in the shower, but near the end of the roll, someone is clearly sneaking up behind her with a baseball bat. Girl is declared missing the next day. Turns out she found out about a drug ring and was murdered for it. Drug ring found out about his pictures and captured him and tried to force him to snort cocaine laced with something that would kill him, so it would look like another loser killed by his habit. I guess he gets away or something at the end I don't remember." It wasn't under the night before the book report was due, as I finished reading it to my parents and then looked up to see their horrified faces that it occurred to me for the first time, this might not be an appropriate story for a middle school book report.

We also read Rats of NIHM in class and everyone loved it, so the teacher brought in the movie and the whole class hated the movie because of all the changes. I remember some kid called out during the movie "Why do they have swords now?" I liked the book so much I read the second and third books on my own. Second one was good but I hated the third one, all I remember is at the end it's revealed that none of it was real somehow. Then I realized the third one was written by the kid of the original author and decided it wasn't "official."