Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

feetnotes posted:

This could be Borgel, by Daniel Pinkwater. Borgel is a tourist in "time-space-and-the-other," which he navigates using his broken down time machine of a car, the Dorbzeldge, manufactured in "the old country." He's the uncle of Melvin the main character, and the book is about them going on a road trip through space and other dimensions. They definitely visit Hell as part of this. And there’s an amoeba guy that works at an intergalactic root beer stand where they hang out for a while.

It's probably my favorite of Pinkwater's, but he wrote so many good ones. The Snarkout Boys is my "this should have been a 90s movie" pick. Also gotta love Lizard Music, Yobgorgle: Mystery Monster of Lake Ontario and Alan Mendelssohn: Boy From Mars.

The Pinkwater books were great. The only thing I've read or seen that feels a bit like them is The Mighty Boosh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU