Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

another unironic Great Brain fan checking in. I wonder if I still have my copy of the one wherein he's sent to boarding school and basically becomes a preteen kingpin. when I was just a lil spring Onion I wished I could be that clever, and that kind of clever too, not like that pedantic dweeb Encyclopedia Brown

never really got into Cleary, though; just never really grabbed me, is all. (Probably because those books are supposed to be about reasonably normal girls, and not nascent goons like yours truly :v: .) I preferred to get books with titles like I Spent My Summer Vacation Kidnapped Into Space, go figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

I just remembered being really into a book series by one Sylvia Waugh, about a family of life-sized humanoid dolls, the Mennyms, who came to life after their maker died and who have to navigate the flesh-and-blood world without letting it know that they exist. For a series whose characters can repair themselves with a bit of cloth, kapok, and a sewing needle, the books get downright existential and sort of depressing; but I loved the ones I could get my hands on just the same