Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

teen witch posted:

I must
I must
I must increase my bust

My mom got into Judy Blume (because I couldn’t give a poo poo about Johnny Tremaine), and I had the version with the menstrual belts. Needless to say I was dreading getting my period because those belts sounded horrific. Judy Blume wrote Blubber and that book was loving ROUGH. It’s great but it’s so hard to get through.

I also watched the Ramona tv show as a kid as well as read the books. It’s how I learned you can eat tongue and name a cat Chevrolet. Beverly Cleary died a few years ago at 104, goddamn!
https://youtu.be/mPtGFnIIkBw

I have read more Baby Sitters Club books than any human should and I am shocked I remember as much as I do from them.

However my all time favorite was Harriet The Spy. “Lady Hitler” is a favorite insult, and god I should get my copy from my mom’s. The Nick movie was also pretty good.

I forget when I read it, like 12 years old? 14? Either way those belts confused the hell out of me like what the gently caress is going on with girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

wesleywillis posted:

Where the Red Fern Grows made me want to get some hound dogs and go out at night coon hunting.

It was my favorite book growing up because I lived on the frontier and explored it with my dogs, hunting critters. Similar to My Side of the Mountain, very empowering to a boy. When I ran away from home at 10 I knew exactly what to do until it got dark out and I got scared of ghosts

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Where the Red Fern Grows is awesome and im glad that rear end in a top hat kid died

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

The menstrual belt / cup rig Margaret wears confused me as a young boy only familiar with tampons and pads. Reading that book bought me a lot of good credit with ladies I would meet in the future though