Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

This one got away from me lmao

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

lol

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Leadthumb posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Leadthumb posted:

lol

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
the only video game i played since balatro came out was balatro
but dd2 is about to change that
mayhaps itll even cure my addiction

thanks for the epic sig el spider

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i played like 2 hours of crawl earlier this month and have otherwise played nothing but balatro and botw. it owns

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

mostly verily fun mode, but gently caress challenges 10, 12 and 20

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fucker posted:

Nice work!

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

made it up to the last boss on a green stake run and lost within 1k chips

all because I didn't reroll "must discard a joker" blind. i had a +60 or so chips joker i canned and that was enough to tank me

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Fucker posted:

i'm stuck on 10 right now it's horseshit

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Fucker posted:

nice

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Leadthumb posted:

Nice work!

:cheers:

Social Media posted:

i'm stuck on 10 right now it's horseshit

ya its fkn bullshit. theres even a much funner take on that challenge later, so this one has no reason to exist.
at least u can rest easy knowing that most challenges after that arent gonna be gay as well

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Beat gold stake by 700 chips :zoro:

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Poppers posted:

Beat gold stake by 700 chips :zoro:

nice work

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Got my first win after a dozen or so tries, Green deck/3 card joker/ pair leveled to 18 and made it to ante 11 only playing pairs. It was fun and finally got the game to click for me and understand how critical it is to just focus on your build. I made it to ante 8 next run on the abandoned deck but got owned by a stupid mistake. I really appreciate that even though this is a luck based game, it’s really your own fault when you lose a lot of the time.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

so sick lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

based

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

nice

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I wish I could make that my av but the balatro cards are 93 pixels tall and after playing the game constantly it looks wrong if the ratio is even slightly off lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

heatwave effect is dope

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

heatwave effect is dope

Konami didn't make it easy to capture lol

I ran the intro a couple times just mashing the screenshot hotkey and stitched it together.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

This rules

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I just unlocked challenge 12 :chloe:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
still chasing that gold stake win :negative:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Face card jokers when i'm playing abandoned deck gently caress you balatro

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

this was dumb

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 22, 2024

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Deathslinger posted:

I think I’ve found an exploit, in the PS4 version at least.

If you open a card pack in the store - let’s say an Arcana pack for example - once you pick a card from that pack, before the card-selection animation has finished, press the Options button and cut back to the main menu, and then choose to continue your game. It will bring you back to the “pick a card from this pack” selection screen, and allow you to potentially pick a different card.

What does this mean in practice? If you, for instance, buy an Arcana pack, choose a Wheel of Fortune card and get Noped, you can use this exploit (before the Nope! animation has ended) to revisit that Arcana pack and choose a different tarot card.

I’ve only tried this on PS4 but it has a 100% success rate. Has anyone else on any other platform encountered this exploit?

no, and i won't.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

makes me sick just thinking about it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Deathslinger posted:

If you open a card pack in the store - let’s say an Arcana pack for example - once you pick a card from that pack, before the card-selection animation has finished, press the Options button and cut back to the main menu, and then choose to continue your game. It will bring you back to the “pick a card from this pack” selection screen, and allow you to potentially pick a different card.

What does this mean in practice? If you, for instance, buy an Arcana pack, choose a Wheel of Fortune card and get Noped, you can use this exploit (before the Nope! animation has ended) to revisit that Arcana pack and choose a different tarot card.

I’ve only tried this on PS4 but it has a 100% success rate. Has anyone else on any other platform encountered this exploit?

may your jokers all be obelisks and your hands all high card

monochromagic
Jun 17, 2023

(playing solitaire on kali linux) hmmm yes i have found an exploit

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Leadthumb posted:

no, and i won't.

trying to jack off posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

may your jokers all be obelisks and your hands all high card

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Deathslinger posted:

sorta related but I saw an exploit where if you quit and then continue a run 3 times in a row very quickly you become able to play & add consumable cards to your hand/deck (see below). HOWEVER, the only thing getting exploited is your own bare rear end, as it seems to make the game crash a shitload. but, for a sick gently caress like you, maybe thats part of the appeal, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iinT0cQRrs&t=40s

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
:letsgo: finally got my gold stake win. Had a good feeling when I got Yorick in like the second or third booster pack.

goin back to red stake on other decks feels like taking off the training weights lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Deathslinger posted:

find an exploit to upgrade your loving console lol

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!