Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Deathslinger posted:

I think I’ve found an exploit, in the PS4 version at least.

If you open a card pack in the store - let’s say an Arcana pack for example - once you pick a card from that pack, before the card-selection animation has finished, press the Options button and cut back to the main menu, and then choose to continue your game. It will bring you back to the “pick a card from this pack” selection screen, and allow you to potentially pick a different card.

What does this mean in practice? If you, for instance, buy an Arcana pack, choose a Wheel of Fortune card and get Noped, you can use this exploit (before the Nope! animation has ended) to revisit that Arcana pack and choose a different tarot card.

I’ve only tried this on PS4 but it has a 100% success rate. Has anyone else on any other platform encountered this exploit?

lol cool

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

oddium posted:

may your jokers all be obelisks and your hands all high card

obelisklet spotted

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I never take obelisk cause it sounds like it sucks

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
:smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw::smugmrgw:

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Obelisk is a free win basically Actually. Simply play a different hand and watch the money roll in

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Deathslinger posted:

I think I’ve found an exploit, in the PS4 version at least.

If you open a card pack in the store - let’s say an Arcana pack for example - once you pick a card from that pack, before the card-selection animation has finished, press the Options button and cut back to the main menu, and then choose to continue your game. It will bring you back to the “pick a card from this pack” selection screen, and allow you to potentially pick a different card.

What does this mean in practice? If you, for instance, buy an Arcana pack, choose a Wheel of Fortune card and get Noped, you can use this exploit (before the Nope! animation has ended) to revisit that Arcana pack and choose a different tarot card.

I’ve only tried this on PS4 but it has a 100% success rate. Has anyone else on any other platform encountered this exploit?

you're lucky my powers ran out

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The PS4 version has been hacked no matter what firmware you're on!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

The PS4 version has been hacked no matter what firmware you're on!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Completed my second gold stake on plasma deck, feels like the game is only going to get harder from here.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's actually going to get easier

Changed ante scaling in white stake:
Ante 3: 2800 -> 2000
Ante 4: 6000 -> 5000

Changed ante scaling in green stake:
Ante 2: 1000 -> 900
Ante 3: 3200 -> 2400
Ante 4: 9000 -> 7000

Changed ante scaling in purple stake:
Ante 2: 1200 -> 1000
Ante 3: 3600 -> 3000
Ante 4: 10000 -> 8000
Ante 5: 25000 -> 22000

Changed Orange Stake
Scrapped increasing pack cost
Added new 'Perishable' mechanic, Jokers have a 30% chance to have a 'Perishable' sticker, disabling them after 5 rounds

Changed Gold Stake
Scrapped -1 hand size
Added new 'Rental' mechanic, Jokers have a 30% chance to have a 'Rental' sticker (stacks with eternal/perishable), making them cost $1 up front and $3 every round

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
im not updating the game unless it means new jokers or challenges
still facing frieza tier the arm over here

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

same, have they been able to update the switch version? I haven't connected mine to the internet since I downloaded this lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Uncle at nintendo isn't going to hack the firmware of balatro guys

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

ive been travelling for 2 months and I'm not going to log my switch into every random wifi looking for updates, gently caress you

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

he already has. why do you think it's getting easier?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

ive been travelling for 2 months and I'm not going to log my switch into every random wifi looking for updates, gently caress you

I live in a house with doors and windows. Mad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

I live in a house with doors and windows. Mad?

embarrassing that you even admit that