Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

baseball games are being played today and that's pretty neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

https://x.com/Brandon_Warne/status/1761429564364825014?s=20

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Money Mike hit a first pitch of spring training homer, easy Braves world series win incoming

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is spring training free on mlb.tv or does the membership carry over from the previous year until the season starts? Cause I'm able to watch but I haven't done my free tmobile thing yet

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

lol I tuned into the marlins/cards game and immediately saw (1) translucent pants and (2) an ad in the outfield showing a lumberjack and the words “BE A MAN. BUY LAND.”

Those fish uniforms make them look like a college team.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

Is spring training free on mlb.tv or does the membership carry over from the previous year until the season starts? Cause I'm able to watch but I haven't done my free tmobile thing yet

Pretty sure it's free until the season starts.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/BryanHoch/status/1761475186610651511

ok they can cut Stanton now.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

But who will keep the trainers busy?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

rickiep00h posted:

Judge says toe to require maintenance

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

rickiep00h posted:

they'll figure that out i'd bet

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

and if thy toe offend thee, cut it off and freeze it for reattachment after you retire

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Just watching some clips and it’s insane how bad the tiny jersey lettering looks during live game action.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

indigi posted:

my partner and I are staying in Pittsburgh on April 7th and will go to the Pirates/Orioles game before driving to see the eclipse the following morning. if we're in town just for that Sunday (I can maybe swing Saturday evening if there's a good reason), what are one or two cool Pittsburgh things we should look at doing after the game? museums, parks, bars, galleries, restaurants, whatever you got

Pittsburgh rules. The National Aviary was really cool, but I dunno if the operating hours would fit in your plan. Honestly, just walking around downtown in the area around the point is beautiful and you could stumble across whatever restaurants pique your interest. The area just north of the park with all of the historic row houses is beautiful. We had a great time at the Carnegie Science Center even though a lot of it is for kids. We didn’t have time for the Warhol Museum but it seemed like a good, not overly-long experience, as well.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/yankees/status/1761475978378014928?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

A new large Yankee child has hit the field

Also I love that angle for home runs, more of that

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Have some wholesome non dick and balls fun:
https://twitter.com/matttomic/status/1761479206083428804?t=Xi_wuHRzsatkKyVRmbT2cA&s=19

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Carlosologist posted:

https://x.com/yankees/status/1761475978378014928?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

A new large Yankee child has hit the field

Also I love that angle for home runs, more of that

Jones is also a shockingly athletic OF, dude is fun to watch.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/Nationals/status/1761557783944556732

it's big boi szn

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Nats having a run on outfielders going from Harper to Soto to Wood is pretty crazy

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Carlosologist posted:

The Nats having a run on outfielders going from Harper to Soto to Wood is pretty crazy

Dylan Crews right there too. It's a shame Victor Robles didn't pan out.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

indigi posted:

my partner and I are staying in Pittsburgh on April 7th and will go to the Pirates/Orioles game before driving to see the eclipse the following morning. if we're in town just for that Sunday (I can maybe swing Saturday evening if there's a good reason), what are one or two cool Pittsburgh things we should look at doing after the game? museums, parks, bars, galleries, restaurants, whatever you got

Someone already mentioned the Aviary. But yeah just walk around downtown and see what's there. There is a Pittsburgh history museum to check out as well. There's also the strip district with a bunch of small locally owned shops.

Make sure to hit up a Primanti's. There's one in the park but it has a very limited menu.

if you end up at Saturday's game I'll buy you a cold one.

edit: If possible, try and get to the park a little early. I'm not sure if you've been there before but it's absolutely gorgeous so it's worth checking out. You can watch them get the field ready, BP, and you can also get a good up close look at the bullpen while they warmup.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 25, 2024

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

elentar posted:

At some point, probably pretty soon, there will be an instant replay call that hinges on whether a fielder’s glove managed to just barely brush or just barely miss a baserunner’s floppy cock and/or balls

A rare win for the babydick crowd

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/JeffPassan/status/1761650923070271625?s=20

Lmao finally.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

gently caress, you beat me to it.

I guess we’ll get to do this all over again next year if he has another similar season.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Congrats cubsposters, you manifested it through tireless posting

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
CODY IS BACK

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

Make sure to hit up a Primanti's. There's one in the park but it has a very limited menu.

I went to Pittsburgh (from Toronto) when I was 16 for a baseball tournament… is Primanti’s the one where they put the fries on the sandwich? I remember that kind of weirding me out.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am so hyped for this season, the prospect showcase in the first 2 games of spring training and now my good friend Cody is coming back THATSCUB

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Banging on the table...

BELLI
BELLI
BELLI

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/JeffPassan/status/1761652759084884040?s=20

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I went to Pittsburgh (from Toronto) when I was 16 for a baseball tournament… is Primanti’s the one where they put the fries on the sandwich? I remember that kind of weirding me out.

Fries and (vinegar) slaw yes.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Happy for all of the other cubsposters.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

IT HAPPENED

IT REALLY loving HAPPENED

WE DID IT CUBSPOSTERS

Bregor
May 31, 2013

bawfuls posted:

Congrats cubsposters, you manifested it through tireless posting

gently caress yeah we did :doit:

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I wonder if it’s fair to ask if Boras overplayed his hand here

Sure, Bellinger can opt out, but this isn’t a lot of guaranteed money and it doesn’t seem all that likely to me that future markets will be much friendlier to him than this one was, especially as we draw closer to another CBA fight

Maybe some team is willing to invest in him if he proves 2023 wasn’t a fluke, but that seems like a big if

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cody

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

springtime for Cody and wrigleyville

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

bravesword posted:

I wonder if it’s fair to ask if Boras overplayed his hand here

Sure, Bellinger can opt out, but this isn’t a lot of guaranteed money and it doesn’t seem all that likely to me that future markets will be much friendlier to him than this one was, especially as we draw closer to another CBA fight

Maybe some team is willing to invest in him if he proves 2023 wasn’t a fluke, but that seems like a big if

Without knowing what was actually offered to him, but I think this is was the likeliest path for Bellinger. The only thing Boras could do was see if a team would roll the dice and panic by giving him the contract he might earn next year this year, but it didn’t happen. So Bellinger gets a 1 year deal for 30 mil and gets insurance if he does turn back into a pumpkin, with a chance of getting much better offers than he did this year if he has another good year. And it’s likely the same offers he got this year will still be there next year if he regresses only slightly.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah. Everyone was talking all off-season about how they thought he wanted a $100 million contract and had too much uncertainty around him still to get it. This is where he was going to settle at. He had a great year, but is still one year removed from being absolute dogshit. Nobody wants to throw 5 years, $115 mill or whatever at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That’s an amazing contract, gently caress yes