Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
https://x.com/JomboyMedia/status/1761835597684150542?s=20

This is far more important than another page of Cubs dreaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Worst part of mlb.tv via PC: ads are volume louder.

privacy badger extension blocks them on pc. its wonderful

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

The runner even got his foot to the base at the end of the slide. Dumb call.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but he missed a week and came back. They can deal with that. They can't deal with him missing 3 months like last year........

I just want to know why PECOTA has the Yankees winning 92 games and the division and this BR projection has them winning 71 lol. what is causing that giant level of variability.

I saw it was based on the last 100 games of a team and not including additions/subtractions.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

mcmagic posted:

lol so completely useless

Yeah its very much just engagement bait. Here is the full desc from their site:

MLB playoff odds are based on 1000 simulations of the rest of the season and playoffs. The team's estimated quality is determined by their performance over their last 100 regular season games (even if it spans seasons) and includes a regression to the mean factor. These results are based on standings through 2024-03-21. This page does not update during the postseason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

My childhood was spent watching the yankees do nothing but win for 10 years and my daughters childhood will be spent watching them flounder in mediocrity. Karma is a bitch

qft