Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://x.com/mariners_luke/status/1761062326965334471?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

Make sure to hit up a Primanti's. There's one in the park but it has a very limited menu.

I went to Pittsburgh (from Toronto) when I was 16 for a baseball tournament… is Primanti’s the one where they put the fries on the sandwich? I remember that kind of weirding me out.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Forgive me if this joke has already been made but I just realized baseball has had a ball problem in like 3 of the last 5 years

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

On one hand, I am content with Bauer disappearing forever

On the other hand, this could be extremely funny if he gets knocked around

https://twitter.com/infieldflygrl/status/1765781881084424207?t=K_6XlwWaatB2wg4ggvMwfw&s=19

Apparently they play the dodgers on March 10 so this could be some weird grudge thing I guess?

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I know I know, don’t ever read social media comments, but sometimes I can’t help myself. Not talking about that particular post, but there has been so much gross stuff I’ve seen on baseball related Instagram accounts of how “Bauer did nothing wrong ! That lying bitch ruined his life!” Etc.

Makes me thankful to have found this place. You guys are all pretty cool.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Do you think baseball players tip their Tommy John surgeon?

I would

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
He tweeted about how he totally supports the us army guy who drunk drove and killed Japanese citizens so I think that made a lot of Npb teams question if it was worth it to sign him

E: actually it was a navy guy I guess. But that’s the basic story as far as I know

E2: apparently it wasn’t drunk driving but he fell asleep behind the wheel and was found liable

LonesomeCrowdedWest fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 19, 2024

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
What I don’t get is using an illegal bookie when you can’t walk down the street these days without seeing an ad for a legal gambling service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Oh, that makes sense I suppose. Still a massively weird story.

I guess if it turns out that it was Ohtani doing the gambling, we know why he went to LA - he was excited about playing with Betts!

Sorry