Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

indigi posted:

my partner and I are staying in Pittsburgh on April 7th and will go to the Pirates/Orioles game before driving to see the eclipse the following morning. if we're in town just for that Sunday (I can maybe swing Saturday evening if there's a good reason), what are one or two cool Pittsburgh things we should look at doing after the game? museums, parks, bars, galleries, restaurants, whatever you got

Someone already mentioned the Aviary. But yeah just walk around downtown and see what's there. There is a Pittsburgh history museum to check out as well. There's also the strip district with a bunch of small locally owned shops.

Make sure to hit up a Primanti's. There's one in the park but it has a very limited menu.

if you end up at Saturday's game I'll buy you a cold one.

edit: If possible, try and get to the park a little early. I'm not sure if you've been there before but it's absolutely gorgeous so it's worth checking out. You can watch them get the field ready, BP, and you can also get a good up close look at the bullpen while they warmup.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I went to Pittsburgh (from Toronto) when I was 16 for a baseball tournament… is Primanti’s the one where they put the fries on the sandwich? I remember that kind of weirding me out.

Fries and (vinegar) slaw yes.