Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

bawfuls posted:

Congrats cubsposters, you manifested it through tireless posting

Oh god no do not say.this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Mustached Demon posted:

An usher at Coors Field said I looked like Ron Santo. I had a Santo jersey on too.

Nicest compliment I've had.

He probably meant current Ron Santo

e: I'm sorry, that was unnecessarily mean. He probably meant 71 year old Ron Santo.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Bregor posted:

I agree that’s a reasonable plan, but the pessimistic view is Cease is who he was last season, and dealing top tier prospects for him and hoping for his 2022 production is an even worse outcome than just signing someone as a stopgap.

Montgomery has the highest floor of any of them, still surprised he isn’t signed yet. I guess it’s no coincidence that Belli and Chapman signed option-laden deals but the SPs just want to get paid now before their ligaments and tendons explode.

I can't think of a single WSox player who is the floor of the poo poo show organization Jerry and Co. put together the last 2 years. Giolito might be close but he is the victim of some bad injuries.

Also gently caress Jerry Reinsdorf.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Mike Trout betting on an isobar front turning into a tornado.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Maybe Magic himself bought the marker so Shohei has to play for way under market....

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Sorry for the Ohtani news, but seriously what the gently caress:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39780093/sources-reps-dodgers-shohei-ohtani-ask-investigate-theft

"On Thursday, a source close to Ohtani gave an explanation for the changing storylines: As Ohtani's handlers tried to determine what had happened, they initially relied solely on Mizuhara, who continued to translate for Ohtani"

Can you please ask Shohei why he wired this money to a bookie?

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

https://x.com/MattMonagan/status/1770872402961994120?s=20
Step 1: assemble a roster of power hitters who all go the same direction
Step 2: "lose" some endangered salamanders in the outfield

Jacob Ruppert nods sagely.

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Didn't see the press conference, did he start laying the groundwork for how he's wants to retire and follow his life long dream of playing in the NBA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Decided I'm not even reading box scores this year until I read the obits to see if Reinsdorf is dead yet. PS gently caress Jerry Reinsdorf.