Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Fanatics really not even trying anymore.

Can't even start wrapping my head around how the fake statue of liberty looks that big from home plate when it looks like this from across the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

zoux posted:

*longshoreman stacking boxes on the pier* Oh yeah, I remember dat elbow, came through here the other day. I sez to Lenny, that elbow don't look so good

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

elentar posted:

Gio Urshela signed with the Tigers last week apparently, that’s his 6th AL team without ever playing in the NL and now I’m curious what the record for that sort of thing would be

No idea, but an interesting question.

Weird as Hell, but I went to the BR page for most teams played for, scrolled all the way to the bottom of the 8 section and picked a guy at random and immediately hit one.

Lenny Harris. 8 NL teams, 0 AL.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/harrile01.shtml

Not sure if there's a 9+ out there or not

Edit - didn't find any 9 team single league players. And none with 11+.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 15, 2024

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Nightmare annoying scenario - it's going to be clear as poo poo that it was Ohtani betting and since they sure as Hell aren't going to ban him for life it's going to lead to Rose getting reinstated.

Also - coworker just showed this to me. Basically MLB Wordle of a sort.
https://www.mlbpickle.com/

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Just assuming those B-R simulations are really really bullish on the M's pitching?

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Oh hey. It's "Install the T-Mobile app for a few minutes and then delete it" day!

Yay free baseball.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Well I'm a childless 52 year old M's fan. If you dummies want to pool some money to pay for their college when I'm in my 70's, I'll consider doing the needful for a future M's title.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

will_colorado posted:

gonna need to see the behind the scenes shenanigans that went on while making this
https://x.com/Mariners/status/1773053632050835829?s=20

Good Lord. Instant top 5 all time M's ad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Dameius posted:

As it should be

It should be ASSHAT to start the season if only for the A's getting a day in "first."