Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

tadashi posted:

What was weird was how people thought the A's were acquiring the rear end in a top hat in the deal when they got Lawrie in the Donaldson trade but, as it turns out, they were both loving assholes.

One of my core baseball memories is watching Lawrie in some nothing game late in the season (which could have been any time after May for the early 2010s Jays) run full tilt into foul territory to catch a ball, and then crashing over the railing. My memory is that it was a little bit of a drop, too. Unfortunately, I cannot find this on YouTube.

Wish that hustle could have been turned into him becoming a good player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Beautiful. My memory did have him running full tilt, but it's somehow even funnier that he was casually running and then decided to jump at the last second.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

To be fair, after 2011, I did think Lawrie was going to be better than Kershaw.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Bregor posted:

Reed Johnson is such a "remember some guys?" type of player

Goddamn I get such a rush of nostalgia remembering Jays from the 2000s.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I was just looking at the Jays from 2019 and I am unsure if I was just checked out for that season, or really was that forgettable? Trent Thornton had the most starts, Clay Bucholz was on this team, Edwin Jackson on his 14th team got some disastrous starts, Freddy Galvis was the starting SS, and both Justin Smoak and Aaron Sanchez were still with the team (I thought they were gone years prior).

It feels like a fever dream. I only started looking at this team again because of Foolish Baseball's recent video about Elvis Luciano.