Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

trilljester posted:

They have. But it doesn't matter because of the Dodgers.

Saying it doesn't matter that a 79 win team drastically improved their roster just months after an 84 win team made it to the WS is a pretty wild take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Hearing reports that Ohtani assassinated the Boeing whistleblower

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Comparing Ohtani to a pedophile seems a bit extreme

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Athletes get ripped off by friends/family/agents/business partners/accountants etc. all the time, I don't get why people can't wrap their heads around it happening to Ohtani. It didn't take reporters much work to uncover that Ippei was a fraud that lied on his résumé so it's pretty obvious that Ohtani didn't do his due diligence, is overly trusting, or both.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I can barely transfer a few thousand dollars from my wife’s account to mine, in the same bank, without them putting a hold on her account, and I can’t pull more than like $500/day out of the ATM. There’s no sensible way that Ippei could drain him of millions without anyone noticing.

Yes because as we know banks treat multi-millionaires the same way as people off the street with a free checking account

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

will_colorado posted:

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/story/2024-03-26/minor-league-baseball-indicted-jack-box-del-taco-insider-trading

Minor leaguers charged with insider trading Del Taco and Jack In the Box stocks is not a phrase I ever expected

I had no idea Jack in the Box bought Del Taco. No wonder the quality has nosedived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

10 years for a catcher sure is a decision

10 years is probably too long but $14m a year is also an underpay so it's basically just a deferral